Unusual Intimacy

Ellen woke up with a heavy headache. She reaches for her phone to check the time, it's 6:05 AM.

"Ouch!" holding her head as she tries to stand from her bed.

"Wait! How come that I'm on this bed now? Gosh, I'm still wearing my dress from last night's dinner?" asking herself as she fights the continuous pain in her head.

She tries her best to remember what had happened last night.

"The dinner; the restaurant; the wine...the kiss... Oh my gosh! I was so drunk!" she screamed and held her head again.

Her face immediately turned red as she remembers every details of last night's happenings.

I have to make it all up to Oscar, Edward and Lily, she sighed and tries her best to wash and fix herself in the bathroom.

Although she has this tactless attitude, she still doesn't want her image to get tarnished.

Meanwhile, Oscar is staring at his phone, contemplating whether to call Lily or Edward to ask if they were home safely last night because when he and Ellen went back to their table, they were already gone.

A few minutes later Ellen immerges from the kitchen holding a tray with two cups of coffee. She walks towards Oscar's table.

"Good morning" she greeted with hesitation.

"Good morning" he answered casually.

"How's your hangover?" he asked after she puts his coffee on his table.

She went red right away.

"Oscar, I'm so sorry about what happened last night" she blurted.

"Ako yung nagset-up ng dinner yet I was the one ended up being so drunk. Nakakahiya kela Edward and Lily" blaming her actions that night.

"And about the kiss---" she was cut off.

"Huwag mo ng isipin yun, I know you're just drunk" he said without looking at her.

She can't find any answer at the moment so she just nod. Probably that's the best way to stop future arguments about the topic. This is not a good time for another argument.

She let out some deep sighs.

"I would like to make it up to Edward and Lily as well. Can we go to their place? Gusto ko sanang personal na humingi ng despensa sa inasal ko kagabi" she added.

Oscar immediately thinks of it as the best thing to do as well, that way he'll be able to see Lily.

He tries very hard not to show his willingness but his answer betrays him.

"Yeah, we have to see them. Magbibihis lang ako sandali" he hurriedly went to his room.

Edward's beach house...

"Good morning!" he's on a very good mood, while preparing their breakfast table.

"Good morning" she smiled and helped him set the tableware.

"How's your sleep?" Edward asks.

"Maayos naman, ikaw? Kumusta ang tulog mo?" returning the question to him.

"Actually, hindi ako nakatulog ng maayos kagabi" he admitted.

"Bakit?" she stops putting the plates.

"Dahil hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala at para bang isang panaginip lang ang lahat. I'm worried na baka pag gising ko, hindi pala totoo" he said on a teasing tone but sadness is definitely obvious.