Have We Met Before?

A Week After...

- Visiting Area -

"Good morning" Edward greeted her when he saw Lily approaching with one of the officers.

"Good morning Mr. Attorney" it was the officer who answered with such joy before she left them.

"Hay naku, crush ka siguro nung officer na yun" Lily teases him.

"Pogi kasi yung attorney mo" he answers back.

"Pogi na, magaling pa!" she agrees which made him froze for a while.

"Did I hear it correctly? Pogi na, magaling pa?" he can't help it and a small smile crept on his face.

"Binobola lang kita para maayos mo kaagad yung mga papeles ko" then she made a soft laugh after saying that.

Oh, that laugh, it struck his heart.

"I have never heard her laugh that way. It feels music to my ears" he said at the back of his mind silently observing her.

"Ed... Ed? Are you okay?" she tried to get his attention when she notices that he's thinking of something while staring at her.

"Oh Yeah! Your papers--- your papers are settled already" he said when he gets back to his senses.

"Parang palagi kang natutulala lately?" she noticed.

"Hmm, nagkakataon lang" he replied trying to refocus himself.

"So, what's your plan?" he added to change their topic.

"I want to see my son" her quick response.

"Darating tayo dyan, what I'm worried about is where are you going to stay?" he went on a concerned tone.

"Ako ng bahala dun" she answers.

"You can stay with me. I mean, in my house for the meantime, wala naman akong kasama sa bahay. Uhm, maids and driver lang" he offers right away.

"Thank you but, no" she said with a thankful tone.

"But your assets were still frozen, hindi mo magagalaw yun, saan ka titira?" he asks worriedly.

"I'll find a way" she responds but her tone is unsure.

"Okay, if you don't want to stay with me then let me help you at least find a place or maybe you can use my condo until we are able to find you a good place to stay" he suggested.

Lily thinks of it for a minute and eventually agrees.

"But this is too much Ed, you've done enough for me" she said feeling too indebted.

"Hindi ka na iba sakin Lily. I--- I'm your friend" he stutters a bit.

"Alright I'll have my condo cleaned up then I'll pick you up tomorrow" he added.

"Okay" her quick response.

"Okay, mauna na muna ako, I have an appointment" he said and bids goodbye.

"I'll see you tomorrow" he said before leaving.

She nods in response showing her sweet smile.

--------------------

- Restaurant -

After confirming his reservation, he was assisted to a table where he was surprised to see Oscar in the table reserved for him.

Edward knows that Oscar is the owner of the law firm who sent an offer to him but he is not expecting that he'll be the one that's going to meet him personally. His secretary fails to mention this.