Unanticipated News

Surrounded by four plain walls, there was nothing else to do but stare at them while sitting in her prison cell, holding Liam's photo. Lily's thoughts were interrupted when an officer opened her cell door.

"May dalaw ka, si Mr

"May dalaw ka, si Mr. Poging Attorney" she said teasing her.

Lily never talks to anyone during her first year in prison but eventually she was able to cope up. She even made friends with some officers inside because she was never been a reason for their headaches unlike other inmates who always gets into trouble. They also treated her with utmost respect knowing that she was once the First Lady of the country.

She just smiles at her before she stands up and followed her in the visiting area.

--------------------

- Visiting area -

"Good morning Ed" she greeted when she saw him.

He immediately stands up and help her with her chair.

"What brings you here? Akala ko ba may conference ka?" she asks right away.

"Yes, pero I think mas importante ito" he said after he settles on his chair beside her.

"Ano yun?" she asks without having any clue of what's more important than a lawyer's conference.

He didn't answer her instead he handed her an envelope.

"What's this?" she asks with confusion.

"Open it!" he replies excitedly.

"She gently tears the side part of the envelope and found a letter addressed to her" she was so confused at first while reading the letter.

"...you have been granted a--- a parole" she whispers while still trying to process what she just read.

Her brain stutters for a moment and her eyes take in lighter than he expected, every part of her goes on pause while her thoughts catch up.

"You're free!" he shouted with happiness, he stands up and hugs her tight.

Tears started to roll down her cheeks while he hugs her.

"I--- I'm free?" she asks for confirmation which she still can't believe.

"Yes finally! You are totally free!" he said celebrating.

"Thank you Ed! Thank you!" she hugs him tighter.

"I will do everything for you" he whispers but she didn't hear it as her mind is still trying to comprehend.

"Ma---makikita ko na ang anak ko? Makikita ko na si Liam!" she exclaimed after their hug.

"Yes! I'm so happy for you Lily" he wipes off the tears falling from her sparkling eyes.