Where Is She?

It was past midnight when Oscar enters his office. A familiar scent greets him and so he hurriedly went inside, but after scanning the whole room, she was not there.

It hurts him to know that he is turning this crazy because he misses her.

"Damn it, I am missing her!" He sigh.

He frown when he noticed a sparkling object in his table. He hurriedly get close. A small bag. He lifted it with confusion.

"Was she— here?" His realization.

"Bakit hindi nya ko hinintay? Why did she left her bag?" He continuously asked himself.

While still figuring out what happened. Her phone inside the bag, rings. Oscar hesitated to open it but he still did. He found her phone and it was Edward who's calling her.

"Should I answer?" He wanted to think first but his finger already dragged the answer button.

"Hello? Lily? Nasaan ka na? I've been texting you kanina pa pero hindi ka nagrereply kaya tumawag na ako. Is everything okay?" Edward said on the other line.

"This is Oscar" he said on a flat tone.

"Oscar? Bakit ikaw ang sumagot ng phone ni Lily? Where is she? Is she okay?" Concern is obvious in his voice.

"I don't know where she is—" he was cut off.

"Anong you don't know? Hinatid ko dyan si Lily to check if nandyan si Liam" he is almost panicking.

"What?! Wala dito si Liam! Wala din dito si Lily, all I have here is her bag in my table. Wait— anong oras mo hinatid si Lily?" Both of them where now in total confusion.

Edward tried to recall the exact time.

"Past 11:30" he said.

"So where is she? I just got off from my meetings and all I can see here is her bag" Oscar explained.

"Can you please call Liam? Maybe she's with him" Edward pleaded.

Oscar drops the call and immediately get his phone from his pocket and turned it on.

There were few missed calls from Liam. He also noticed an unfamiliar number.

First, he tried to call Liam, but his phone is out of coverage. So he tried to call the strange number back. No one is answering but he is so eager to know. Finally, someone pick up the phone.

"Makati police station" said the officer from the other line.

"Police station?" He frowned.

"Yes Sir, ano pong maitutulong namin?" The officer answered.

"Uhm, this is Mr. Hidalgo. I'm returning a call" he's still confused.

"Ah okay Sir, icheck ko muna po ang record" grabbing their record book.

"Tungkol po sa tumawag kanina, yun po ay sa kadahilanang nandito po sa presinto ang anak nyo, Liam Hidalgo" he clarified to him.

There are so many questions in his mind right now but he have to stay focus.

"Ba—bakit napunta sa presinto ang anak ko?" He finally ask.

"Ah kasi sir, nakipag-rambulam po sa isang bar malapit dito. Nakatanggap po kami ng report kaya dinala namin sya dito dahil lasing na lasing" he said.

"Ano? Lasing si Liam. Sa—sandali papunta na ko dyan" he is about to drop the call when the officer stop him.

"May sumundo na po sa kanya sir. Based sa record, sinundo po sya ni Ms. Cortez" he revealed.