Arc 11.3

Kalmia woke up to the sounds of her Clan outside, talking over the new founding their Leader had made in her seclusion. Kamila dressed appropriately and exited her tiny shabby looking home to see the Clan people surrounding her front door turn to her, frown, then leave. She rolled her eyes.

If you don't want me to listen, then go somewhere else to gossip. Kalmia thought as she sighed and began to head to the fields, like any other day, she would do to prove that she was one of them and she was functional. Too many times, she has caught people talking about banning Kalmia or locking Kalmia away from the rest of the Clan. With paranoia, she began to prove herself and even started researching ways to help their vitality. Kalmia created a medicine that healed injuries instantly but was stolen by the Clan leader herself in a bargain to have everyone not speak about kicking her out anymore. The very mixture that so "amazingly" created herself.

She wouldn't pass the opportunity, so she said yes and began to work in the fields even harder with a heavy heart.

Having pulled out all the necessary medicinal plants, she began to walk away when something moved in the corner of her eye. Turning towards the densely packed dark woods,  no movement.

"Maybe it was just my imagination." Kalmia mumbled under her breath.

Turning away, again movement.

Her head turned quicker this time, eyes widening. Kalmia's milky skin turned pale in an instant. 

"Chaos-Chaos!" Kalmia said, then exclaimed.

Behind a tree stood a Chaos; its disgusting skinny figure was tall like the Clan's homes where everyone would relax and stretch their legs.

Her legs shook as the thing noticed her and began to move, thinking that it wouldn't be able to cross the barrier. She breathed a small sigh of relief, but what happened next caught in her throat.

The Chaos stepped right through the barrier, she fell to the ground, crushing a couple of almost mature plants, she couldn't shout out for help, her voice wedged in her throat, her legs were too weak to lift her body at the utter terror that came towards her. Then the unthinkable happened; another one stepped through, then another and another. She needed to get up, and she needed to scream out to alert the others. But she was too scared; tears welled up in her dark green eyes as sweat dripped down her forehead. Her hand clenched onto itself, but realization passed through her head. Kalmia held onto a unique cycle that helped her cut off any dead leaves or rotten plants that grew.

In a swift motion, she lacerated her leg's skin, making a wound big enough to feel the pain that coursed through her. She was finally able to stand on two shaking legs and turn to run, she panted, and when she finally saw someone, she opened her mouth and mustered all of her will to shout;

"Chaos! There's Chaos inside!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. 

"What are you talking about, you creep?" A man said with a look of disgust.

"Please listen! Chaos is inside the Clan; there is a group of them, we need to tell the Clan Leader!"

Seeing that the shunned Clan member was severe, the man's eyes widened as he turned to alert everyone else. 

But before he could do so, a Chaos dashed forward and grabbed the man from the neck. The man turned to see the Chaos and, with widened eyes, opened his mouth to scream, yet nothing came out. Yet his throat was pulsing. He cried out with all his might. Kalmia couldn't hear it because the Chaos created a vacuum that emitted a misty after effect that showed the man's soul being sucked out from his body. The man seemed to wither like a dried-up leaf in the fall.