Arc 10.5

After the celebration, Ruby hadn't come to the cafe for an entire week, and Jessie was beginning to worry. She was about to drive to his home and bust in to see if he was okay. But Ruby had finally came forward with a gloomy look.

"How are you doing, you don't look so good." Jessie asked concerned.

"I went to visit my family for some stupid celebration, all my family was there." That was all he said before taking a sip of coffee and sighing with depression.

"It was that bad huh?" Jessie asked with sadness.

"It was-" before he could finish his sentence, the door to the cafe opened to reveal a huge beautiful and sexy man.

-

The gathering ensued as gods and goddesses mingled on the side. More carefree gods and goddesses danced together to the sound of angels singing beautifully and playing delicately.

A bored looking man sat on a throne, his dark eyes overlooked every single god. They chattered and laughed and drank to their hearts content. The man on the throne didn't seem to be interested at all, the offerings from other gods made little to his interest.

Then it suddenly became quiet, the man on the throne didn't know what had happened and looked at the gods. They seem to be looking at the entrance. His own eyes gravitated towards the entrance to meet with beautiful golden eyes.

Pale skin and silver white hair swayed gently with the wind. The music stopped and the singing seized, everyone seemed to feel uncomfortable.

The man with unparalleled beauty, he couldn't even be compared to goddesses. He held a dark aura around it, his features contradicted the death like feeling when looking at him.

"Boring." The man's gentle soft voice spoke before turning and leaving, after he grabbed  a bottle of potent alcohol and handing it to his servant he had come with.

"Who... Was that?" The man on the throne spoke. His deep alluring voice spoke as the music once more picked up and the tense atmosphere lessened.

"That's the god of the Netherworld. He rules the dead souls and chooses which are worthy to reincarnate, and which are the ones who pay for their unforgivable sins." His servant to his left spoke and answered his emperor.

"How come I've never heard of him?" The emperor looked troubled for some reason.

"It has been a long time, most have forgotten, but those who haven't fear him."

"Why?"

"His immense power, he's lived longer than his Highness. He taught the last god emperor, and had returned after your appointment on the throne."

"Why didn't he teach me?" The emperor asked, feeling left out.

"Rumors had picked up when he was teaching the last emperor, their relationship had been close, too close. Some had thought the last emperor would have made him his empress, but something went wrong. And he resigned from his tutoring, that was the time when the last emperor resigned and went to sleep. There's many rumors revolving as to why the last emperor went to sleep. Some say that the Nether God, declined his undying love and with immense pain he couldn't go on and went to sleep." The God went on and on about the different rumors.

Meanwhile his emperor was staring out the entrance where the beauty left. A distant look in his eye.

"His name"

"I'm sorry your highness, but his name was lost long ago, no one knows his real name. Everyone knows him as the god of the Netherworld." His servant bowed in apology.

The emperor nodded as he dismissed himself and left the gathering. Leaving behind the gods to drown in the alcohol by themselves and gorge themselves in their own lust.

-

"Mate." Adam spoke with his eyes dark and longing.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Jessie stood up with a feral look as she now realized that this guy before her is a werewolf.

She was going to let it go. But the word mate was no joke in their culture. A mate is a person made especially for someone, the other half of a soul. If they are rejected the other cannot live without the other, they slowly die from sadness.

And to say that word to another man, no less a vampire. It was never heard of before. What the hell is going on?!

"He's mine." Adam glared threateningly towards the female lead, who didn't back down either.

"Like hell, I won't be letting Ruby go!" Jessie hissed, not only was she competing with another woman, now she has to compete with a man! As if!

"How do you know my name?" Ruby asked feigning shock as he stood up from the booth.

"Uh, sorry I'm not who you think I am. I'm a hunter, I hunt your kind, but after getting to know you I've fallen in love with you, I don't know what to do anymore. I just wish you could dump that girl you're with and give me a chance." She asked with a flushed face as she nervously fumbled with the hem of her shirt.

She looked like a highschool girl asking out her crush at the end of the year.

"This shitty girl sure has some balls!" A feminine voice sounded from beside them all, two had already seen her there, but the human jumped and readied herself for an attack.

Chow smirked with a devil like aura surrounding her. She looked about ready to decimate a city. "Who gave you permission to fall in love with him!" She growled out.

"I don't need permission you fucking slut, you don't love him the way I do!" Jessie shouted as she was ready to kill on sight.

"Pahahahahaha!" Chow laughed very unladylike, her wide feral like grin showed some sharp canines as she was ready to snap this woman's neck at any moment. "May I?"

"You can't." Fanrong said with a sigh as he shook his head and then turned towards the female lead. "I'm sorry, but I don't think I can be with you. Even if I do dump this girl." Ruby sighed.

"Why not?" Jessie looked heart broken.

"He's mine." Adam said as he grabbed hold of Ruby and turned his cheek with his hand, their lips touched ever so slightly, but the burning sensation was evident that they were meant to be.

"N-no that can't be!" Jessie said, ready to go insane. "I was supposed to save you from your family. To kill this bitch and then we'd live forever in live after bitting me!"

Her delusions escalated by the day.

"She's gone insane little brother." Chow mentioned amused.

"Knock her out and let her believe this is a dream." Fanrong motioned as the female lead mumbled to herself about her love and perfect life after all vampires were eradicated.

"With pleasure!" Chow beamed as her backhanded Jessie, making her smash against the wall and fall down onto the floor unconscious. "Oops, I hope she's still alive." She said without a care as she dragged the female lead by the ankle and up the stairs to her office.

Fanrong sighed as he saw his sister come back with a grin. He raised a brow after a couple of sniffs. "You smell."

"Eh?!" She exclaimed with wide eyes. "I took a shower, what do you mean you twerp!"

"You smell like one of those humans." Fanrong smirked at his sister.

"I-I-" she couldn't speak any further as her face seemed to get redder and redder.

"Let's go, the plot should be messed up enough, we'll let it play out while we sit to the side." Ruby ran a hand through his hair as the two left the cafe.