Arc 9.6

Keaton woke with a start, he was met with the voice of Hiro opening the curtains and letting in the rising sun.

"Good morning Mr Paterson." Hiro greeted in his usual emotionless expression.

"Morning." Keaton responded as he too began his usual day.

Although his usual routine has changed somehow when Hiro arrived. When waking up Hiro would barge in and help him change, when taking a shower, Hiro would enter and help him bathe, when changing back into clothes he would help him dress, sometimes even 'accidentally' grazing his skin against Keaton and making him shiver unconsciously. Hiro would find any and every opportunity to be in close proximity towards Keaton, and during that time Keaton head gotten used to it throughout the months that they had been living together.

As their months passed by a faculty party was commencing, a successful skin had been completed and will be taking the market in a couple of weeks. Everyone, from workers to guests and even the janitors were invited to the grand event. Sponsors didn't miss it either since the company was known to serve high end meals and food that made everyone happy and content.

Of course, it wouldn't be an event without its hosts, the owner of course came down with her elegant dress. Linda took everyone's breath away, even if she was in her late forties she had not a single white hair or a wrinkle to showcase her true age. Her black dress revealed her back and a slit to her side of the dress gave a teasing sight of her long legs.

Close behind her was her one and only son, future CEO to the company, a young bachelor waiting for a woman to join him in his glory.

Seeing the announcement, Gracie had been startled over the fact that Keaton was in fact the son of her other idol. She even mentaly slapped herself for not digging into Keaton's past time when they were casually talking.

Not only that a thought occured in her head when she realized that Keaton has feelings for her.

And after them was Hiro ofcourse he stayed clear of his limelight, unseen as he kept to the shadows and near the shadowed parts of the event, making sure Keaton was well taken care of and no one had any ill intentions.

"Mr Paterson, a great party as usual." A sponsor had come up to him with a flush across their cheeks, the white wine already taking into effect, his round belly protruding out as he gave a huge friendly grin that hid future gains if he played his cards right.

"Thank you Mr Waters." Keaton thanked as they made small talk, the small round sponser not missing his chance to give his daughter a better image to the bachelor beside him, sneakily taking out a card to play.

"My daughter has just recently graduated from the renowned Z college, she's taken up on becoming a psychologist and she's already made a name for herself. Why don't I introduce you to her?" Mr Waters said with a smile.

Not wanting to meet anyone to court him, Keaton had bent his words and taken the man's words out of content as he frowned saying; "You think I need mental help? I'll have you know my mind is as calm as ever, I have nothing that is blocking me from anything."

"N-no that's not what I mean-"

"Mr Paterson, your mother is calling you." Hiro pipped up as he left the pale faced sponsor with an almost sobbing daughter in the background.

"Mother needs me, what for?" Keaton asked confused as he began to walk towards her direction, hopefully she doesn't want to pair him up as well, but then again she's well aware that he's a robot and tries to keep any love like women away from her son.

"Not at all sir, it was just for you to get away from Mr Waters." Hiro denied and spoke swiftly.

"I'm impressed Hiro, you're well adapted in your circuit... I wonder how Mr Takeshiro wired you..." The scientific side of Keaton popped up as his mind began to run about the possibilities.

"..." Hiro felt as if he didn't move Keaton's heart at all, he wanted to cry that he didn't impress Keaton in another field rather than his circuit one.

Patience. A voice spoke into his head with an amused face. He's always been like this, naive until the end. We have to hit hard and never turn back!

With a new found fire Hiro nodded and guided Keaton out of the company and into the well grown small garden that employees would go to when taking a lunch break to enjoy the bright view outside.

Seeing the surroundings Keaton was reminded of the second world, when he was named Taoru and the moment when he had left the world and the people behind, he just hopes that everyone had lived to their fullest when he had passed away.

And when he was Matsuo, at the day of his brother's celebration he was outside with... With who? He can't really recall who was there with him, he was standing and looking up at the moon, remembering his past life, his eyes were closed and suddenly- what happened after that?

[The master of the Minazuki family, Daiki, had called out to you to enter the celebration as your older brither was about to give a toast.] The system finished Keaton's thoughts.

Ah yes, now he remembered, he wondered why he had forgotten something like that, his memory was the best, nothing could rival him. Yet a single bit of memory had left his grasp for a moment.

[...]

"Keaton." Hiro spoke up as he stepped forward, Keaton not noticing the first name he had adressed him.

"What is-" Keaton turned just as his lips met with Hiro's, his golden eyes wide as they stared at the heated eyes of Hiro who was staring at him with a calculating look trying to see if he was feeling anything.

Hiro moved his lips slowly and nibbled at his lips softly, making Keaton flinch in the process and about to pull away. He had failed as he hadn't felt a roaming hand feel up his back and rest behind his head, holding it in place and forcing him into a deeper and meaningful kiss.

By instinct Keaton too closed his eyes, yet he shut them tightly as he began to struggle and try to push away Hiro in the process. But he couldn't, somehow his strength was sapped away as the kissed went on, his legs were starting to tremble at the very nice feeling of the tongue in his mouth. Slowly he began to kiss back and lose his train of thought.

His memories changed.

What happened? The scene which he was under the moon and was called by Daiki changed, instead Daiki had kissed him unskillfully and he in turn taught him a simple move and technique. What are these memories?

[It seems something is corrupting your memories, I will begin to change it back host-] The system spoke up.

Leave it, it's fine. Keaton denied the act but the system insisted.

[I cannot do so host, if left the way it is there could be further complications in the future, I shall restore them once more.]

Before Keaton could tell it to stop and follow his order his head ached and he snapped his eyes opened. With a strength he didn't know he had he used it to push Hiro away and give a glare to the robot before him.

"What kind of settings did Mr Takeshiro give you?" Keaton asked with a sigh, the small red dusting on his cheeks slowly leaving as he caught his breath. "Don't do that again, people will start asking questions about my kinks or whatever, I rather not have to dismantle you."

He soon left Hiro behind, standing in the garden with a sulking look, but those eyes switched to that of determination and accomplishment.

We triggered a true memory, but it seems that the system changed it back. We're going to have to get rid of that system. Huolong said as he thought deeply.

"How are we going to get rid of something we can't see?" Hiro questioned. "Not only that, I'm only a part of our real soul, I have no power like the ones you spoke of."

You sure don't, but that doesn't mean we can't handle that system, slowly but surely our soul is comming together, and because of that our power is returning as well. Huolong explained. As to how to get rid of that system, you're just going to have to leave that thing to me.