Arc 9.5

Hiro stood in the living area of Keaton's floor, he stared out into the city down below since he wasn't able to fall asleep. He could hear Keaton 'sleeping', or more for Keaton he had turned on his sleep mode, during that time he would go over the plot and future situations he might get himself into.

Our new Fanrong has completly forgotten us, but don't worry, we shall once more conquer his heart like the very first time! A voice in his head spoke up, his voice from another body.

"First time?" Hiro questioned, he wanted to know more about a life he couldn't remember.

Yes, we are the creators of these so called systems, they were meant to serve us, in turn we would give them energy, but a sort of revolution took part. Huolong thought back to his life. They escaped using their own creation and fleed to live their own lives. Of course we didn't care, we could have created more, better ones even. But we soon found out that they couldn't live without energy.

"That's why they contract with souls, what was the problem then?" Hiro was confused at the hardening tone of Huolong.

The souls are energy. Huoling simplified.

Hearing this Hiro understood completely, but either way Huolong explained further.

Sure they can gain small bits of unsatisfying energy, tasteless to them, but when their host gain high in level, they will "reward" them with the thoughts of being a god. The systems do not have that kind of power. So without their host knowing, and thinking that anything forward is probably for the process, it would be too late for them to notice that their soul is being eaten by their so called trusting system.

Hiro cursed under his tone as he felt something off and asked: "Who's we?"

Us Gods the ones to look over the world's and help the most dire in need. We actually respond, even if it's small we do our best ever since the systems somehow blocked us from connecting to our worlds.

"What can we do?" Hiro asked.

For the mean time, we need to captivate Fanrong once more, make him remember us and love us, with his heart beating only for us we can trigger his memory of his true form, of his true self.

"What do you mean beat only for us?"

I mean what it means, we are destined to be together the moment we found eachothers eyes. The moment our souls came to be. Without the other we would live on empty and without a purpose in our lives. He gabe me purpose, I gave him the same.

"So our souls are bonded." Hiro cleared.

In every possible way, if he is happy I am happy, if he is sad I am sad, if he is hurt then I hurt as well and shall destory anyone who dared think fo hurting him. We are meant to be, even before we ever came to exsistance.

"Who is he?" As he said so his head turned towards Keaton's room.

Before everything went to oblivion? He was the one to judge souls, the one who prosecuted gods who did wrong and determined their fate. Because of this he had no one, everyone too scared to slip up in fear he would sentence them for littls petty crimes. He kept to himself, alone and unwanted, I knew of him, everyone knew of him, but I had thought he just didn't want to be associated with others. Banquets were held and meetings were called, but he had never came to any of them. I had placed a new rule when a certain god decided to play around with lives to carelessly, but Fanrong did not show up as usual. I went personally to retrieve him, anf as I did I was meet with his beauty, he captivated me in ways no one else could. After becoming acquainted with him he occasionally went to banquets. It went on like this until others didn't see us fit too well together. Someone disagreed another did as well... I'll leave it there until another time, the sun is rising, any more questions?

"Who had erased his memories?"

That's a tricky one, I'm not too certain, but i have two, no, three possible theories. One is that ths systems pay have played a part in this and had somehow gained the ability to not erase memories, but to lock them away. The second would be the gods, they had banished him long agoe behind my back, and before I had found out had sobatoged one of my drinks and sent me off to a sleep of eternity, scattering my soul into the cosmos to never be seen again, but I found a piece, you, the strongest out of the rest, you keep gaining more and more of our soul as you transmigrate. And finally the third, this one is hard to believe, but it's also possible, its the fact that a god and the systems are working together to kill us off and create a bond together again for some reason, why I think this is because gods are the only ones able to lock away memories or extract them and jeeo them somewhere else.

"A god?"

Yes, the same god that had convinced everyone else that we should we banned and stripped from our rightful place.

"Who are we?" Hiro asked the main question, he had heard the way Huolong talk as if he was a type of otherworldly being than the other gods. So he wanted to know what kind of place he was in before he was sent to live out multiple lives.

He looked at his reflection in the window, his lips moved to the words in his head. "We are the Emperor of all."

-

A/N-

Dun DUN DUUUUNNNNN! Plot twist!