Arc 10.6

Back at Covers woods, Ruby, Adam and Chow were walking towards the huge hidden mansion deep in the woods.

Ruby walked calmly and without a sweat, Chow walked casually as if she's lived there for a long time, even though this was her first time. And Adam... Adam was a nervous wreck.

Outside he looked calm and walked slightly stiff but naturally. But on the inside he was talking up a storm with Huolong.

What do I do? They're his parents, not only that they're vampires. He argued with a sighing Huolong.

Don't shout, they're just vampires, you're a reincarnation of me, a god, we're above them. You don't need to be accepted. Huolong crossed his arms as he floated in Adam's mind.

To you it is, but I didn't grow up like that, I grew up to respect my future mates parents, even if they disapprove of me they can't come between two fated people, but that doesn't mean I'll dismiss them. They raised Ruby, they shaped him into the beautiful person he is now. Adam felt like sulking.

... Are you stupid? Huolong sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. We hop through worlds, this Ruby isn't even the same one from the beginning. He probably wasn't your mate when you two were born, and when his soul went into Ruby the mates changed or whatever. I don't really want to get into this right now. Huolong sighed in irritation.

It doesn't matter, either way they're his parents. Adam declared which he didn't receive a reply to and assumed that their conversation was now over.

"Young master Ruby, you've return early than usual." A vampire guard said shocked as his eyes looked behind the beautiful vampire to be shocked to see a dog and some other person he wasn't sure what they were.

"Your parents will not like this." He spoke with a suspicious look towards the two uninvited guests.

"It seems you need training in your manners, go to the red house and retrieve your punishment." Ruby ordered as the vampire nodded and apologized leaving the three to enter on their own.

"Wow, so scary little brother." Chow snickered as she was typing away at her phone.

"What is on that phone that you've been typing away at?" Ruby smirked as he closed the entrance door behind them.

"N-nothing." Chow stuttered as she stuffed her cellphone into her shorts pocket.

"The more you avoid it the more amusing it is." Ruby said with a mocking smile.

Chow pouted and was about to speak when a booming voice sounded from down the corridor they were walking on.

"What is the meaning of this Ruby?" His father, Varyn Snow stood there, beside him was his wife, Corina Snow who also looked quite enraged.

"This is Chow, she's my sister, and this is..." Ruby turned as raised his eyebrow. "What's your name?"

"Adam Benson." Adam said now too realizing that he's never introduced himself.

"Right." Ruby nodded as he turned towards his parents once more. "And this is Adam, he's my mate."

"A dog can't be your mate, I forbid this!" Varyn shouted outraged. "My son will not be mates to a damn dog."

"Calm down Varyn, you an I both know what it's like to be alone and away from ones mate." Corina sighed as she laid a calming hand on her husband's shoulder.

His anger only seemed to lessen slightly, but it flared rapidly when he saw the werewolf Adam touch his only son.

Using his vampiric speed he was in front of Adam in less than a half a second and was about to push him away when an arm trapped his wrist. He looked shocked as he turned to see his usually obedient son giving him a hard look.

"Don't touch my mate." He threatened.

"Ruby." Varyn said with wide eyes.

"Honey, let it go, your anger us no match for a mates bond." Corina gave a sad smile, her eyes then turned towards Adam, she looked hesitant but either way forced a smile. "Welcome to the family Adam. I hope you behave yourself in our home, your traditions might be a little different than ours but now that your mates with my son, we'll have to go through proper steps to have the two of you bound together for eternity."

"Thank you... Mother." Adam said as he noticed Corina looking like she was about to hurt him.

"Y-you're welcome." She gritted her teeth and such an unbelievably shameless word spoken by a wolf no less.

"Even so, I'm curious as to what this Chow woman is." Varyn turned his blood red eyes towards the casually texting woman.

"Eh? Me?" Chow noticed all their attention to her when she noticed no one was talking any further.

"What are you miss Chow?" Corina asked politely.

"I'm just a mutt, nothing to concern yourself over with." She stuck out her tongue cutely.

"Really now? How old are you, usually hybrids don't live long." Varyn smirked, trying to get under someone's skin.

"I think I'm over three thousand, I'm not sure, I lost count after the cold war." She grinned with an embarrassed blush.

"That's impossible, a hybrid can't live for that long, at most they could live at least thirty years, but you're saying you've lived way longer. That's preposterous." Varyn said in disbelie, his eyebrow rose as he pondered and looked over Chow.

"Believe it or not grandpa, I speak the truth." Chow huffed as she turned her head like a child.

"Well then, I guess we have to announce you're now mated to a werewolf don't we?" Corina forced out a sigh to relax her nerves as they were now all being guided towards the meeting room.

It was a huge room that held important vampires and council members that seek justice for wronged vampires. Old wise vampires seemed to have gotten word that their leaders asked for a meeting. Getting ready and heading towards the meeting room, they had waited no less than a minute before the doors opened, stepping in first was Varyn, then came in Corina and her son soon followed. What they didnt expect was for a wolf to some in and a tasty smelling beautiful woman to come as well.

"What is the meaning of this meeting master Varyn?" The top respected council member spoke up politely as he stared with a disgusted look at the dog.

"We have gathered here to announce some unexpected news. Our son, Ruby, has found his mate." Varyn spoke up as he cleared his voice and introduced Adam. "This is Adam, the soulmate to our son-"

Before he could sya anything else the room erupted in shouts and negative feed back, there were protests, all were enraged to the point where they red eyes seemed glow in hatred as they glared at Adam.

"That's preposterous!" One shouted.

"Never in history has it been known that a vampire and werewolf would be mated!"

"Its not possible, I wont believe it!"

"Who would believe such blasphemy, I hope this is a jest, such information cannot possibly be real!"

"How can this be-!"

"Silence!!" Corina shouted, she was already irritated enough by the news even if she was the first to calm down and accept it because of the love she had for her only son. "Contain yourselves like the noble you are!" Her eyes glowed a seething dark red.

Everyone calmed down, as much as the followed behind their leader Varyn, they wouldnt dare go against or speak ill of his mate Corina. She was like a spit fire waiting to be fueled, no one will go up against that. Composing themselves they cleared their throats and gave an embarrassed look towards their behavior.

"As much as all of us hate the idea, we must accept it." Corina said, not at all taking into account of how Adam felt, he was insulted just by all of their outburst and the way his future mother in law called him out like that. "We must respect the fate of mates. As it has been from the beginning of time."

Thinking clearly, the noblemen nodded at rethinking and missing their own mates who were out and about or doing their daily duties. They understood very well the strong connection that mates have, no one could come between that at all.

With regret deep in their hearts they soon began as to how to tell the rest of their people about the sudden unrealistic news.