1│8 DAYS UNTIL APOCALYPSE II

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇʟᴀɴᴅs ᴏғ ᴛɪᴍᴇ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ 𝟾 ᴅᴀʏs ᴜɴᴛɪʟ
ᴀᴘᴏᴄᴀʟʏᴘsᴇ ɪɪ ꒱

❝ SO, WHAT'S FIRST? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Someone was screaming as they fell through the portal.

Dolores shut her eyes tightly as she buried her face in the crook of her husband's neck in an effort to block out the sound. The action muffled it slightly though it continued until they met the ground with a jarring halt, causing the woman's mouth to snap shut at the impact. The screaming stopped though the world remained dark as she refused to lift her head to examine their new surroundings. Instead, she murmured, "d'you think we made it?"

Beneath her, Five opened his eyes to watch the portal snap shut above them, they sky dark and grey compared to the bright blue they'd left behind. His arms tightened around his wife's waist. "I think we did," he answered quietly.

A new voice brought them out of their travel daze: ". . . does anyone else see little Number Five and a random girl or is that just me?"

Girl? Little? The words made Dolores finally open her eyes and push herself off the. . . boy beneath her. She blinked in confusion as she stared at the brunet. It couldn't be Five, could it? He'd— they'd— both been old and white-haired the last time she'd opened her eyes, but now a fifteen-year-old boy stared up at her and she could see the ends of her own long, brown hair framing her face as she looked down at him.

The eyes, though. They were brilliant green and sharp, and she'd know them anywhere. She blinked several times to take in the boy's new features and felt her mouth go dry. Why did he have to be so. . . so attractiveShe'd never been great at talking to good-looking people and always found herself stumbling over her words and becoming tongue-tied and now— 

"F-Five?" she stammered, unable to tear her gaze away from the boy's face, though she could feel her own heat up the longer she stared at him.

"Yeah? Wh—" His own eyes finally registered the girl above him. "Shit."

Dolores felt the weight of several stares prickle at her neck and she jolted, scrambling up and nearly tripping over her feet to distance herself from the dark-haired boy. Her gaze suddenly became fixated on her now too-big shoes as the effort to meet the boy's eyes became too much for her. She wasn't quite sure what happened next as the group that welcomed them adjusted to their unexpected guests. She hadn't gotten a good look at them, either, and found she couldn't lift her gaze from the ground long enough to do so. She'd always been painfully shy in front of large, unfamiliar groups and this was no different, even so many years later.

It felt strange being in her younger body again, especially as this was the one that had survived the apocalypse they were currently trying to stop. It was odd being able to see her brown hair after so many years of it being held back or white and her clothes— never very comfortable to begin with— shifted awkwardly on her now-small frame.

As they made their way inside the house from the courtyard, she risked a hesitant glance up at the boy in front of her. That was also something she'd have to get used to and, knowing Five, he was not pleased with this new development. Even with her current. . . communication difficulties though, she couldn't complain.

They stopped in the kitchen and the group— which she was slowly realizing were Five's siblings— arranged themselves on or around the table as the boy began to gather ingredients. Dolores stood off to the side in the shadows of the kitchen to (hopefully) avoid group interaction. As the boy reached for the bread, he asked, "what's the date? The exact date?"