15│THE WORLD'S MOST WANTED

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇʟᴀɴᴅs ᴏғ ᴛɪᴍᴇ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ's ᴍᴏsᴛ
ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ꒱

❝ I KNOW WHAT IT FEELS
LIKE TO BE AN OUTSIDER
IN THIS FAMILY ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

The Doloreses watched their respective husbands with rather bored expressions on their faces as the two men blinked around the parking lot. From the time Five Senior had started setting up his mission's equipment until now things had rapidly deteriorated despite Luther's. . . lackluster efforts.

"So, how long are we gonna let this continue?" Dolores asked as casually as if she were inquiring about the weather.

"I dunno," Lola replied in the same tone as she absentmindedly spun the ring on her finger. "I was thinking a few more minutes? It's pretty entertaining."

The pair landed in front of Luther again as the man recovered from the blow to the groin that had happened a few moments prior. "Would you please st—" he started, though he grunted again when the Fives kicked him simultaneously. "Hey! I'm getting really sick of this!"

They blinked away again and ignored the man. Lola turned to her younger counterpart. "I'm guessing now?"

"Sounds about right, yeah," Dolores agreed.

The woman bent down and picked up the briefcase that lay forgotten by her feet. She presented it to the brunette. "Here you go, Dolores."

Dolores accepted the time-travelling device with a pleasant smile. "Thank you, Dolores." The two woman gave each other amused looks before they turned back to watch the fight.

The Fives appeared before them again; this time their labored breathing was more noticeable as Five Senior asked, "getting tired yet?"

Five gave him a cocky smile. "I can do this all day."

"Guys, this has to stop," Luther pleaded.

"Eat shit, ape-man," they answered in unison before they jumped towards each other.

It was at that moment that both Doloreses put two fingers in their mouths as they both blew a sharp, piercing whistle. That immediately brought the men to a halt as they turned sharply to face their unimpressed wives. Lola put her hands on her hips as she stared them down. "Are you quite finished?" She continued after they had frozen: "I expected better from you— both of you. Surely the end of the world is more important than fighting each other? And besides, Five— er, my Five— we've been over this already. You're too evenly matched to have a decent shot at any sort of outcome."

"Besides," Dolores added, "what have I said about compromise? It's why we're giving them (here, she nodded to Lola) the right math so we get what we want. Fighting is only wasting time."

The men had the decency to look marginally abashed as they answered sheepishly together, "yes, dear."

"Good," the Doloreses replied at the same time. The girl carried on: "now—"

Before she could finish her sentence, Luther— who had had enough— scooped up the fallen gun and waved it around, cutting her off, "I'm in charge now!"

"Now, Luther!" Five Senior's attention was immediately diverted. "Kill him!"

"No!" Five argued. "Kill him!"

Dolores froze as the man leveled the gun at her Five. Her feet kicked into gear before her mind did and she dropped the briefcase as she scrambled to get in front of the boy. While she wasn't certain that Luther would go through with it, she would never gamble her husband's life. She met the man's gaze with her own steely one, completely unafraid as she stared down the barrel of the gun.