1│A LESSON IN TIME TRAVELLING

It has been established that time is fickle.

This is an undeniable fact with many supporting theories: the Butterfly Effect, the Ripple Effect, the Domino Effect. The list continues.

It only takes a slight change in direction for an entirely different outcome. Number Five learned this lesson the hard way during his adventure into the apocalypse and his consequential failure to save the world.

In an effort to save his family, he formulated the equation that would bring them to a desired time. Unfortunately, in his haste, he miscalculated the numbers once again. Instead of landing together as he'd intended, he sent his family spiraling into different years in the past.

The reason for this was his misjudgment in the group's individual weight.

*** 𝐀 𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋 𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ***

(E=△M₀C²)∞

M= mass

Here is how they arrived:

Klaus and Ben (Number Five did not account for two separate passengers; only the duo as a whole) in 1960.

Allison (whose weight had been adjusted due to her recent recovery) in 1961.

Luther (this should be obvious) in 1962.

Diego in 1963.

Vanya, later in 1963.

Number Five on November 25th, 1963.

You may be wondering where in this line up Dolores appears. Being the lightest out of all of her travelling companions, her smaller weight was thrown farthest forward— or back, depending on how one's perspective is relative to these events.

*** 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋 ***

July 4th , 1975, 3:00pm

Did you read that correctly?

Your eyes return to the line above. The date remains the same: 1975.

Twelve years after the newest apocalypse. Your next thought may be that the author made a mistake.

(The author did not.)

Dolores is, yet again, destined to survive another world-ending event.

The universe has a very odd sense of humor. It puts the person least-suitable for survival in unimaginable scenarios and expects them to make do with the hand they are dealt— whether they be magic cards or a regular, ordinary deck.

When Dolores Hargreeves lands in the summer of 1975, she learns the meaning of the phrase as odoriferous as a dead man in July.

The world has been dead for twelve years and the stench is unimaginable. I, of course, am unaffected by this smell. I have no nose, you see. It is one of the only benefits of my job.

Unfortunately, this does not apply for the time-travelling girl who continues to be tested.

Still, death is not something she is unfamiliar with and takes it in stride though, as expected, it does affect her mental health.

It is a shame that the human mind is so susceptible to this sort of thing.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐒
𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊

The Umbrella Academy, season 2, episode 10, 00:30:28