10│AN HONEST CONVERSATION, PT. 1

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇʟᴀɴᴅs ᴏғ ᴛɪᴍᴇ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴀɴ ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛ
ᴄᴏɴᴠᴇʀsᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ᴘᴛ. 𝟷 ꒱

❝ THEY'RE CRANES.
PAPER CRANES ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Five and Dolores picked up Allison— with Klaus in tow— at the beauty parlor where the former worked. While Five's sister (drunkenly) exclaimed how nice it was to see the brunette again, the boy's reasoning was that, like Vanya, Dolores had gone to visit his sister more than once. The car ride was rather chaotic with irritated or intoxicated adults and the teens were at the end of their patience with the loud exclamations coming from the back seat.

Finally, they made it to Elliot's and piled out of the car. The two adults swayed unsteadily on their feet as they entered the building. Looking around, Allison called out: "is anybody here? Hello!"

"Le petit mort, le petit mort," Klaus slurred as he giggled.

"What? You don't speak French," his sister pointed out, laughing along with him.

Rolling their eyes as they exchanged looks of equal exasperation, Five and Dolores made their way to the center of the store as the boy's other siblings appeared at the balcony. Allison and Klaus noticed their family and they paused as everyone was reunited for the first time.

"I know this is impossible," the long-haired man said, "but did we all get sexier?"

✧✧✧

After greetings were exchanged (with Dolores feeling oddly left out), the family made their way upstairs and took up assorted seats. The brunette chose to sit farthest away from the rowdy group. Five stood in front of his siblings and waited for everyone to settle before spoke: "alright. First off, I wanna say I'm sorry. I know I really screwed the pooch on this whole going-back-in-time-and-getting-stuck thing but the real kick in the pants is we brought the end of the world back here with us."

"Oh my god, again?" Klaus complained. He turned to face his brother with a bottle of gin in one hand and a glass in the other. Looking around at everyone's unsurprised faces, he sighed. "All of you knew? Why am I always the last one to find out about the end of the— oh my god, my cult is gonna be so pissed. Five! I told them we had until 2019."

"We have until Monday. We have six days," the boy stated flatly.

"Is it Vanya?" the man asked as he brought his drink to his lips.

"Klaus," Allison scolded him while Vanya looked slightly offended.

"What? It's usually Vanya."

"Do we have any leads, Five?" the woman in question spoke up.

"Yeah, we have one," her brother said. Diego handed him a manila folder which he passed to Allison.

As she opened it, her eyes widened. "Holy shit, is that dad?"

"That's him?" Vanya questioned softly.

"Standing on the grassy knoll," Diego explained.

"Diego, Dolly and I have been trying to talk to dad about what exactly this means. So far, we've gotten nothing."

From her corner, Dolores straightened slightly and opened her mouth. She raised a finger to finally say differently, but the thought of all seven siblings' eyes on her made her quail slightly and she dropped her hand back into her lap. Diego quickly covered the answer: "not nothing. He's planning to kill Kennedy."