14│FIRST-CLASS PRIORITIES

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇʟᴀɴᴅs ᴏғ ᴛɪᴍᴇ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ғɪʀsᴛ-ᴄʟᴀss ᴘʀɪᴏʀɪᴛɪᴇs ꒱

❝ MAKE SURE THE KIDS
DON'T WANDER OFF ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Wednesday, 8:15 a.m. (again)

"Klaus, shockingly, has a point. What gives us a win this time?" Diego asked his assembled siblings (minus Five and Vanya). Before anyone could answer, blue electricity crackled in the air and two bodies fell out onto the bar table. Five landed heavily on top of a brunette girl.

"Je-Jesus!" Allison exclaimed as she stumbled backwards.

"You guys, am I still high, or do you see them too?" Klaus asked.

Dolores groaned, her face nearly glued to the black box underneath her. "Five, get off me."

"Five, where have you been?" Luther demanded, talking over the girl.

Five climbed off the table and slid to the floor, the impact jarring him slightly. Dolores closed her eyes for a moment, wishing she could sleep for a few minutes on top of the briefcase. With a sigh, she sat up, wincing and rubbing her face. Glancing down at the floor, the jump seemed farther away than it was supposed to and she braced herself, crashing straight into her husband who caught her quickly and gave her a worried look.

Before he could pry into her wellbeing, though, Allison ran forward to help steady the brunette. Alarm was evident in her tone as she questioned them worriedly, "are you alright?"

Even Luther was surprised at the ungraceful landing. "Who did this?"

"Irrelevant," Five answered sharply, unwilling to have his siblings pester Dolores about her health before even he knew. He took Allison's coffee from her hand and downed it quickly.

"So, the apocalypse is in three days," he began as the brunette straightened beside him. "The only chance we have to save our world is, well, us."

"The Umbrella Academy."

"Yeah, but with me and Dolores, obviously. So if y'all don't get your sideshow acts together and get over yourselves, we're screwed. Who cares if Dad messed us up? Are we gonna let that define us? No. And to give us a fighting chance to see next week, we've come back with a lead." He held up the paper. "We know who's responsible for the apocalypse." Allison took the paper from him and unfolded it as he explained: "this is who we have to stop."

"Harold Jenkins?" she read, while Diego chimed in, "who the hell is Harold Jenkins?"

"I don't know yet, but I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse, so we have to find him and we have to do it now," the boy answered as he threw the empty coffee cup across the room.

"How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther asked.

"I don't know."

"Wait, so you just got his name?" Diego wondered. He stepped forward. "That's it?"

"That's enough," Five answered shortly.

"There's probably dozens of Harold Jenkinses in the city!"

"Well, we better start looking then."

"I'm sorry, am I the only one that's skeptical here?" Allison protested, looking around at the group. "I mean, how exactly do you know all this about what's-his-name?"