5│FASHION DISASTER

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇʟᴀɴᴅs ᴏғ ᴛɪᴍᴇ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ғᴀsʜɪᴏɴ ᴅɪsᴀsᴛᴇʀ ꒱

❝ WHY DON'T YOU TRY
MENTIONING SOME OF
MY GOOD QUALITIES? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

The pair returned to the Umbrella Academy a short while later and found themselves in Five's room as they waited for Vanya to make her appearance. Now that her embarrassment about their new ages had subsided, Dolores was able to take in more details about her husband's bedroom. It was quite obvious it hadn't been used since he'd left, with the childish wallpaper and single, small bed. There were also a surprising amount of toys strewn around the room, as if he'd just finished playing with them. A train sitting on the boy's desk caught her eye and the brunette made her way over to it. She placed her hand on the top as she wheeled it back and forth. "I never knew you were into trains," she teased him.

Five rolled his eyes. "Please, Dolly, that's from when I was four."

"Still, it's cute. You don't exactly strike me as the toys type if you know what I mean."

The boy turned away from her and looked out the window. He stuffed his hands into his pockets to hide his embarrassment. "Shut up," he mumbled, though it was no where near as harsh as when he said the same words to his siblings.

Dolores couldn't help the small smile that flickered across her face as she pictured her husband as the little boy he'd truly been once upon a time. It was easy to picture a younger version of the Five she knew spending time hiding out in his room, sequestered away from his noisy siblings. She almost 'awwed' as she imagined the familiar scowl on her Five's face copied onto the child-version of him. There wasn't much she knew about his early years— only things she'd learned from brief snippets into his past— but it wasn't hard to imagine him as a grumpy child, the only difference between then and now being his age.

"It's nothing to be ashamed about," she told him lightly, though her voice was clearly amused. "Like I said, it's cute."

Vanya's voice sounded from the lower floors before he had a chance to respond. "Five? Five— oh, thank god." This last part was said when she entered the boy's room. "I was worried sick about you."

As the boy turned to face his sister, he caught the brunette's smug I-told-you-so look. He rolled his eyes as he said, "sorry I left without saying goodbye."

"No, look, I'm the one that should be sorry" Vanya apologized, "yeah, I was dismissive and I-I guess I didn't know how to process what you were saying, and I still can't, to be honest."

"Maybe you were right to be dismissive," the boy sighed, "maybe it wasn't real after all." He turned and glanced at the brunette, who was watching them from the bed. "I still don't know how that explains Dolly, though. She is real. Maybe some parts were and others were. . . imagined. Like you said, the old man did say time travel could contaminate the mind."

"Then maybe I'm not the right person for you to be talking to," his sister suggested, "look, I used to see someone. A therapist. I could give you her information—"

Dolores' warning rang in his ears: be nice. "Thanks, but I think I'm just gonna get some rest. It's been a long time since I've had a good sleep."

"Okay," the dark-haired woman agreed before she walked out of the room.

As soon as his sister left, Five turned to Dolores expectantly, causing the brunette to roll her eyes in amusement. Pushing herself up from the bed, she closed the space between them and placed a quick kiss on his cheek. "That was extremely passable."