11│AN HONEST CONVERSATION, PT. 2

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇʟᴀɴᴅs ᴏғ ᴛɪᴍᴇ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴀɴ ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛ
ᴄᴏɴᴠᴇʀsᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ᴘᴛ. 𝟸 ꒱

❝ BEHIND EVERY GREAT MAN
[ IS AN EVEN GREATER WOMAN ] ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

They sat quietly together for some time after the question was spoken, pondering the implication of the words. For Five, it was something he didn't want to think about. For Dolores, it was something she'd already come to terms with. When she received no response to her query, she asked another one. Her tone was much calmer than it had been minutes ago. "Where did you go?"

"After Lila," he explained, going instantly for honesty. "I tracked her to an abandoned warehouse and fought her. Turns out, she's The Handler's daughter. She— The Handler, that is— tried to make a deal with me that I'd take out The Commission's board members and in exchange, she'd help us get back to 2019 without the apocalypse. I didn't agree, of course."

"Of course," the brunette conceded. A part of her wished that she'd gone with him. She hated the thought of her husband facing that vile woman alone. Then, she spoke again: "I haven't been completely honest with you, you know."

"I'd guessed as much," the boy admitted. "When you know someone as well as I know you it's hard to hide that sort of thing but I knew you'd tell me eventually."

She gave him a faint smile. "Of course," she repeated before she finally told him her last secret. "I've met your father."

The boy's head jerked up as he stared at her with wide eyes. "What?"

"Er, yeah. I was trying to figure out the math to find your siblings so I'd be prepared when you finally showed up but I got stuck, so since I figured your father knew about time travel—after all, you had to learn it from somewhere— I went to go see him. He helped me find your siblings."

It took another few minutes for him to understand her explanation. "You-you've met my father," Five echoed incredulously. "And you didn't think to tell me this sooner?"

"I wanted to," Dolores retorted, "but we were a bit busy between crashing a party and fighting the Three Stooges. He really is a terrible person, by the way."

"Yeah, no shit," the boy agreed. "Jesus, Dolly. If I had known" He sighed. "We could have just gone straight to him."

"Maybe he'll come to us," the brunette suggested. "He saw me, that night at the party. He knows that you're the siblings I told him about."

"How much did you tell him?" Five asked, giving her a slightly suspicious look.

"Only what was necessary," she reassured him, "but even then it's probably enough to mess up the timeline. It was what I had to do—"

"I know," he allowed. "No wonder Allison wasn't surprised when she heard the news. I'm guessing you couldn't find Klaus, then?"

"He moved around too much but I kept tabs on where stories about him popped up in newspapers," she said.

"And I'm guessing you didn't go see Luther?"

"No." The brunette sounded only a little guilty.

"Oh," the boy suddenly remembered. He handed her an envelope. "This came for you."

Dolores accepted the mail and opened it. She removed a thick piece of paper with black lettering and the words read:

To my Pursuers: