2│X DAYS UNTIL APOCALYPSE III

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇʟᴀɴᴅs ᴏғ ᴛɪᴍᴇ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ x ᴅᴀʏs ᴜɴᴛɪʟ
ᴀᴘᴏᴄᴀʟʏᴘsᴇ ɪɪɪ ꒱

❝ WHAT THE HELL
DID WE DO NOW

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

November 25th, 1963

Like his siblings, Five Hargreeves landed in the alley on Commerce and Knox. He stood quickly and squinted into the blue light. Raising his voice above the whipping wind, he cried out the name of the one person that had to have come through with him: "Dolly! DOLLY!"

The silence that followed was answer enough: he was completely, utterly alone. His heart plummeted in his chest. How could she not have followed him? The last time he'd seen her she'd been standing right next to him while she'd held his hand.

Then, other sounds registered. Gunshots in the distance caught his attention and caused him to turn towards the sound. Stumbling out of the alleyway, he appeared on the scene of a battlefield: tanks, soldiers and bullets were everywhere he looked.

Racing towards the only clue he could see, the boy crouched to read the words on the paper. "Soviets Attack U.S.?" He stood and moved towards the middle of the street. "No, this can't be right."

Cries of "medic! Medic!" rang throughout the streets as men were wounded. One soldier noticed his presence and issued a warning: "hey, kid, get down!"

The boy looked around in dismay. "What the hell did we do now?"

Next to him, a tank released the missile, launching it directly towards. . . Vanya. Except, it wasn't his sister as he remembered her. Instead, her skin had taken on the ivory glow it had had in the theater and her eyes shone eerily in her face as she held her hands up. A white barrier formed in front of her as the tip of the missile touched her power. At the contact, the warhead exploded and disintegrated into tiny pieces. A wave of fire and smoke blew backwards as her defense disappeared.

When it cleared, he saw Klaus on the ground. With little effort, he summoned an army of ghosts that ran towards the oncoming soldiers. They ran as the blue phantoms overtook them and fell to their knees. Luther landed in front of his brother just in time to protect him from bullets that intended him to be the target. Instead, they detonated against Luther's thick skin as he yelled out at the impact. Klaus nodded to him gratefully.

Five's gaze was drawn upward where Ben was clearly visible. His long, blue tentacles swung around as they lifted enemy soldiers and flung them about. One of the bodies landed in front of a trio of army men, causing them to pause in confusion. That gave Allison time to distract them. "Hey!" They turned but before they could shoot, she lifted her hands and spoke: "I heard a rumor that I blew your minds."

As their brains followed her command, more fighters ran towards Diego, who was standing on top of an overturned car. He waited fearlessly for them to approach. As they fired their weapons at him, he leapt off his perch in a spinning jump and manipulated the bullets around in their air to change their courses to land on the shooters instead of him. When he landed on the ground, Diego noticed his brother. "Five! You sick son of a bitch, where have you been?"

Five ignored him as he was still looking frantically around for his wife. Where the hell could she be? Surely she'd ended up with his siblings, right?

The longer he went without seeing her the more dread and guilt ate at him. She wasn't equipped to survive on her own! She barely knew how to defend herself and if something terrible had happened to her, it would all his fault. He'd promised her that he was bringing her to safety, yet it seemed like he'd only brought her to further harm.