𝟎𝟒, 𝐁𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬

Chapter Four.
Bucky Barnes.

A part if being a hero is seeing the good in people

A part if being a hero is seeing the good in people. It's easy for people to see the bad, especially when it's constantly highlighted. But there are some people who choose to find the good in a person, even if they don't seem to have any left in them. That's what distinguishes heros and vigilantes. Only one is always going to dig deeper until they find redemption in another. Finding the good in people may seem pointless to others with smaller minds, but when you think about it, finding the good in someone may help you find more good inside of you. Good will always triumph over evil. So isn't it better to have more good?

Athena was in complete shock when her normal walk down the street turned into her almost getting punched in the face by Bucky Barnes. The girl having now walked into an abandoned looking apartment building. "What the hell?!" Athena exclaimed, sending a gust of wind towards Buck, who stumbled backwards. "Who the hell are you and how did you find me?" 

"I was walking down the street when you tried punching me and then ran upstairs like a child." Athena said. "I thought I saw you with someone." Bucky scoffed. "Someone like me?" Steve said from the doorway. "What the- did you just teleport here?" Athena looked around in confusion. 

"I told Natasha to keep you away, not leave you directly in the middle of all this. Where the hell is your mom?" Steve questioned. "I kinda ditched her when I saw someone who looked like the Winter Soldier. Good to know my instinct was right. Sucked to almost get punched in the face with a metal hand."

Steve glared at Bucky. "Bucky, I swear to god if you laid a finger on her-" Steve said. "Jesus Christ! No! I did not hurt your daughter. Is she your daughter? I'm confused now. You're Steve. I've read about you in the museum. I read about this one. Athena Maximoff. Didn't know she was your kid."

"Are you nervous? You're rambling, but in a stern tone that makes it sound like you're contemplating your life decisions." Athena spoke out. Steve sent her a look, but she only shrugged.

"I know you're nervous. And you have plenty of reason to be. But you're lying." Steve said cautiously, stepping forward and in front of Athena, in case things escalated, he did not want her hurt.

"I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore." Bucky stated. "You tried to punch me like ten minutes ago." Athena murmured. "Because I thought I was being trailed by someone like him." Bucky responded. "Okay, fair enough." She exhaled. 

"Well, the people who think you did are coming here now. And they're not planning on taking you alive." Steve told Bucky. "That's smart. Good strategy." Bucky said, hearing footsteps approaching the apartment the three of them were in.

"This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck." Steve reminded him. "It always ends in a fight." Bucky shook his head. "You pulled me from the river. Why?" Steve questioned. Athena watched as Bucky revealed his metal arm, she furrowed her eyebrows as she hated the idea on how he got it.