80

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐲: 𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭.

"Now, I can't tell if I hate this, or love this." Lexi sighed, as she looked at herself in the mirror. "You changed into one of Athena's dresses?" Noah asked, as he walked into the living room of the apartment Athena had rented out for herself. "Not mine, actually." Athena said from her room. "Then who's?" Asked Lexi. "Natasha's." Athena responded, as she had her hand on the doorway, as she swung forward. "Oh, no, Athena, I can't wear this dress if it was Natasha's." Lexi shook her head.

"Lexi, it's fine, really. You look gorgeous and Nat would've liked the idea of my best friend in her dress... As long as you don't permanently ruin it, of course." Athena teased. "Something I was forgetting was how we have to dress up for rich people's events. I was perfectly comfortable in my jeans and sweatshirt." Noah huffed, as he fixed the collar of his suit. "Yeah, well, if you wanna successfully crash the event and look like you belong, then you have to look the part." Athena said.

"Fake it til you make it." Lexi hummed. Athena nodded, as she helped Noah straighten out his tie. Athena had also been wearing one of Natasha's formal dresses. This one was a silk emerald green dress with silver jewelry that matched Athena's skin tone perfectly. "Interesting advice coming from a half alien." Noah said with a subtle laugh. "Yeah, about that, Lexi, I have an early Christmas gift for you." Athena told Lexi, as she then walked over to her room.

Noah and Lexi exchanged confused glances. They didn't wait long, as Athena had come back out with a small navy blue box with a silver ribbon on it. "Are you proposing? May I be the maid of honor and best man?" Noah joked, as he saw the box. Athena rolled her eyes in a joking manner. Athena handed it to Lexi, who opened it, slightly hesitant. Inside the box was a small interdimensional extrapolator, Cisco's breach device. "Why are you giving me this?" Lexi questioned. 

Athena pulled her own breach device from the silver purse she'd be using. "This is the original one a friend on Earth-1 gave to me. I replicated it using magic, so that you would have one. I know Strange would lose his mind if he knew I was meddling with multiversal transportation, but you deserve to be able to see your family." Athena told Lexi. "What, so she can go to Daxam?" Noah asked. "No, not yet. So far, I had the coordinates set for Earth-38, Supergirl's earth. If you choose to go there, then she can help you get back to MonEl and back to Daxam if you so choose."

Lexi pulled Athena into a hug, and Athena hugged back almost instantly. "Thank you, Athena, really. This is wonderful and very thoughtful." Lexi told her, as a smile tugged on her lips. "I've been dying to meet Lexi's bio bro. I wanna go too!" Noah chimed in. "No, you can't. Not yet." Lexi told him. Noah's excitement faded, and he pouted. "Why not?" Athena asked, genuinely. "Yeah, why not?" Noah asked as he folded his arms over his chest.

"Because..." Lexi took a deep breath, and then sighed. "Look, I only recently told my parents here that I know about my biological mother and brother. It was hard enough leaving them for college... Traveling through the multiverse to meet my biological alien brother seems like it'd hurt them in a betrayal type of way. I want to go alone and figure my situation out first, and then I'll come back and get you so you can be in on it all as well. Deal?" Lexi asked. Noah nodded. "Deal."