𝟑𝟗, 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐍𝐨𝐰

Chapter Thirty Nine.
You're in Wakanda now.

It was all beginning now

It was all beginning now. More and more occurred and it drew you in closer to what was forthcoming. That feeling of anxiety was felt quite often. Sometimes horrible things will happen to us, or someone we love. We don't have a say in the horrors that occur. But those things will always come back to define us as people, whether we want them or not. It's something you can't just choose to get rid of. Everything that happens is for a reason and will shape you into what the future holds. You just never know if the outcomes will be better or worse due to these actions.

"What you seek lies in front of you. As does what you fear." Spoke a voice that Athena had never heard before. "What's this?" Asked a woman, who Athena also hadn't heard before. "The price." He answered. "Soul holds a special place among the Infinity Stones. You might say it has a certain wisdom." He then added. Athena could very vaguely see the scene play out in front of her. It was very blurry for her. Dark. She was aware it was a vision of some sort, but this one felt more realistic.

"Tell me what it needs." Said a third voice. This one Athena recognized. It was Thanos. hearing his voice speak to the other person's made Athena worry. It then hit her that what she saw was already happening instead of it being a vision. She was seeing this event play out in front of her as if she were there to see it herself. "To ensure that whoever possesses it understands its power, the stone demands a sacrifice."

Athena suddenly froze hearing that. She remembered having seen this very same cliff before in a vision. Could this be that vision coming true? That's what Athena assumed, but it would only crush her if she found out who her prior vision was really about. Athena hadn't thought the future of other possibilities out. Now seeing this scene play out she only assumed it was her previous vision. Oh, how she was sadly mistaken. Her true vision would only hurt her, but we're not there yet. Key word: Yet.

"Of what?" Questioned Thanos. "In order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love." Responded the voice, it was Red Skull. The vision became more and more clear to Athena, as it no longer had been as dark and blurred. "A soul... For a a soul." He added. Athena could see Thanos's look of contemplation. She worried for the green skinned woman who stood near him. It was Gamora. The woman that Peter Quill described to her and the others.

Gamora let out a faint laugh. Athena turned to face her. "All my life, I dreamed of a day, a moment... When you got what you deserved. And I was always so disappointed." Gamora spoke up. Thanos's eyes began to tear up. It came as a shock to see him with even the slightest hint of humanity. Only Athena then remembered what would happen next, and she wished she were there to save Gamora, but she wasn't really there, but instead in her subconscious.

"But now... You kill and torture, and you call it mercy." She added. There was a brief pause, and with it came a horrendous feeling inside Athena's mind and body overall. "The universe has judged you. You asked it for a prize, and it told you no. You failed. And do you want to know why?" Said Gamora as she looked up at Thanos.