𝟎𝟓, 𝐌𝐚𝐱𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐟𝐟-𝐑𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬

Chapter Five.
"Maximoff-Rogers"

"Hey, you wanna see something cool?" Questioned Tony as he walked up to Steve, who had been looking over the live security feed

"Hey, you wanna see something cool?" Questioned Tony as he walked up to Steve, who had been looking over the live security feed. "I pulled something from dad's archives. Felt timely. FDR signed the Lend-Lease bill with these in 1941. Provided support to the Allies when they needed it the most."

"Some would say it brought our country closer to war." Steve said, Athena having finished the sentence as she walked up to them. Tony looked over at Athena. "You two really could be father-daughter... Besides the point. See? If not for these, you wouldn't be here."

"I'm trying to... what do you call it?" Tony continued. Athena raised an eyebrow as Tony finished his sentence. "That's an olive branch. Is that what you call it? Athena Maximoff-Rogers?"

"Is Pepper here? I didn't see her." Steve then said, as he noticed Athena's blank expression. "We're kinda... Sorta-" Tony began, but Athena cut him off, "Pregnant?" Tony shook his head. "No. Definitely not. We're taking a break."

"It's nobody's fault." Tony then added quickly as he saw Steve's expression change to one of curiosity. "I'm so sorry, Tony. I didn't know." Steve said. "A few years ago, I almost lost her, so I trashed all my suits. Then we had to mop up Hydra. And then Ultron... My fault. And then, and then, and then, I never stopped. Because the truth is I don't want to stop. I don't want to lose her. I thought maybe the Accords could split the difference."

"In her defense, you're a handful." Athena shrugged, Steve shook his head, and Athena mumbled a 'sorry'. "No, no. It's fine. I am a handful, and I'm well aware of that. Yet, dad was a pain in the ass, but he and mom always made it work."

"You know, I'm glad Howard got married. I only knew him when he was young and single." Steve then said. "Oh, really? You two knew each other? He never mentioned that. Maybe only a thousand times... God, I hated you." Tony replied.

"I don't mean to make things difficult." Steve added. Athena's gaze traveled around the room as she was fighting her own memories for coming flooding back to her, but none the less, the memory still appeared in her mind as if it were yesterday.

"I don't mean to make things difficult." Athena murmured as she looked down at her hands. "No, sweetheart, you're not." Pietro told his younger sister, glaring up at Wanda. "I told you she wasn't ready. You should have listened to me." Pietro told his twin.

"I didn't think things would get this out of hand." Wanda said. "She almost burned the building down. A building with several people in it." Pietro shook his head. "She needs to learn to control her abilities, Pietro."

"And forcing her to do so won't make that any easier." He shot back. "That's what we had to do." Wanda responded. "She's a kid! She's our baby sister."

The youngest Maximoff had a headache from not only the arguing, but also the inability to control her powers. It was overwhelming her. "Stop." Athena said, although her siblings ignored her.