86

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟔: 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭.

Wanda stood at the kitchen island of her house. She used the whisk in her hand to mix the cake batter. She hummed a soft tune, as she heard the front door open. Tommy and Billy stood up from the couch and rushed to the door. "Auntie Athena!" The twins exclaimed as they saw Athena standing in the doorway with two gift bags. The twins' eyes lit up when they saw their aunt with gifts.

"My favorite twins, hi!" Athena smiled, as the twins hugged her. "Hey!" Wanda exclaimed from the other room. "Kitchen, come on." Athena said with a subtle smile, as she nudged her head in Wanda's direction. The twins saw Wanda mixing the chocolate cake batter. "Chocolate!" They exclaimed in unison.

"Hey! What did I say?" Wanda said, as Billy and Tommy stuck their fingers into the cake batter. "But we can't wait." Tommy responded, as they took their hands out of the bowl. "Well, what did I say?" Wanda asked them. Without a word of warning, Athena stole the whisk from Wanda and licked the batter off. "Oh, my goodness. You get it from Athena." Wanda shook her head.

Athena high fived Tommy and then Billy. "To be fair, I didn't stick my hand in the bowl." Athena told her older sister. "Go wash your hands, you two." Wanda told the twins, and they went to do exactly that. "And now I need another whisk." Wanda said, as she looked through the drawer. "Okay, well while you make the cake, I've got some presents for the twins." Athena told her.

"Leave them here on the counter. They can open them later." Wanda responded. Athena set the gift bags on the table as Wanda suggested. "But, mom," The twins whined as they wanted to see what was given to them. "Patience, young Padawans. You'll open them soon." Athena told them. "Fine." Billy murmured.

The day passed rather quickly for the Maximoff's. Athena ended up giving the twins their Harry Potter related gifts and it was safe to say they both loved it. Wanda made the cake and decorated it inspired by the four Hogwarts houses with Athena's help, which was both delicious and gave them all a burst of energy from the sugar inside.

It was now night time. Billy laid in his bed with his Hedwig stuffed owl that Athena gave him last time she visited them. Tommy had his Slytherin candle still lit, as Wanda went to tuck him into bed. "Mom, come on. I'm too old for that." Tommy told her. Wanda put her hands up and nodded, "Okay." While Athena walked over to Billy.

"You can tuck me in, Thena." Billy told his aunt, as she was already going to do that regardless. "Oh, obviously." Athena said as she tucked Billy in with his bed covers and blanket. "You know... A family is always and forever." Athena reminded him. "We could never truly leave each other even if we tried." Wanda added, as she looked at Athena and smiled.

"Mom," Tommy then said. Wanda looked down at her son. "I changed my mind. You can come tuck me in if you want." Tommy told his mom. Wanda let out a slight chuckle. "Okay." Wanda said. "Love you." She told Billy, as she kissed his forehead and ruffled Athena's hair before walking back over to Tommy. "Love you." Wanda told Tommy as she tucked him into bed as well.