𝟐𝟎, 𝐃.𝐂 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐀 𝐌𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐒𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐢𝐞

Chapter Twenty. 
The D.C trip with a metahuman Swiftie. 

You can never learn to fly without crashing a few times

You can never learn to fly without crashing a few times. Well, you can't do anything correctly without messing up at least once. Mistakes are what make us human. Whether or not you're actually human, you will make mistakes. This goes for everyone. The important part of making mistakes is owning up to them and realizing what you've done. Being blindsided by your actions can happen, but if you're aware of a mistake someone else is doing, you not fixing their mistake is only going to make things worse, not only for the person who's messed up, but also for yourself. That seems to be the part most people forget. 

"No." Athena stated in a slight hum as she flipped the page of her book, not bothering to look up from its pages. Looking down at the piece of lines paper in front of her Athena write down some notes. The hightop converse she wore on her feet tapped on the ground unintentionally as she wrote, it was a habit she never really got rid of, mainly because she never realized she was doing it.

"Why not?" Lexi cried out. "I'm not spending several hours on a bus with Eugene Thompson of all people just to go to D.C for decathlon." Responded Athena. She dropped her pen on the notebook paper and focused on her book once more - Perks of Being A Wallflower

"Cindy had to drop out last minute because of some matters at home, and we need another member or else we have to forfeit. Peter already bailed too for God know what. Please, Thea, if Flash says anything I'll punch him in the face for you." Lexi practically begged at this point.

"Fine. Only because I want to see Eugene get punched in the face. Maybe it'll fix his nose." athena murmured the last part. Noah, having heard the comment from beside her, laughed. "Punch him repeatedly if needed, Lexi." He chimed in.

"I'm always in the mood to punch him. He's so freaking annoying for no reason whatsoever." Lexi sighed. She looked down at Athena's notebook and saw her nice handwriting on the page. "You're the only person I've seen do the assignment so far." Noah commented.

"It's due in a few days." Athena said as she looked up at him. "It's an English annalis on a choice book. No one does those. And if someone does turn it in on time it's because they've seen the movie of whatever book they chose." He told her.

"Caroline would never allow me to do that. Besides, I've already read this once before." Athena shrugged. "What are you reading?" Questioned Noah. "Perks of Being A Wallflower." She responded.

"You read that movie?" Noah furrowed his eyebrows. Athena looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "It was a book first." She said and showed him the cover of the book. "Since when?" He mumbled. "Since 1999." Athena responded.

"You learn something new everyday." He shrugged. "This is a fact everyone knew." Lexi shook her head. "Name one popular movie that came out before the book." Lexi tilted her head, Noah thought for a moment.