𝟐𝟒, 𝐌𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧

Chapter Twenty Four.
Metahuman.

Things aren't always as they seem

Things aren't always as they seem. Our fears can play tricks on us, making us afraid to chance course, afraid to move on, but usually hidden behind our fears are second chances waiting for us. Second chances at life, at glory, at family, and maybe even at love. These opportunities don't come around everyday. So when they do, we have to be brave, take a chance, and grab them while we can. You can't wait for these changes to come to you, sometimes you have to be the one to make the chance for yourself and let what comes neck unravel for itself.

"Mj," Athena called out as she walked up the stairs to make it inside the school building. "Mj," She repeated and tugged on Michelle Jones's sleeve. "Hm? Oh, sorry. I have a tendency to tune everybody out as I've found that listening to most people gives me a migraine." Said Mj as she turned around to face Athena, who was indeed shorter than her, but since Athena wore platform shoes it made the height difference easier.

Athena opened the school door and gestured for Mj to enter. The two now inside the school building. Mj put her book mark inside her book and shut it. She folded her arms over her chest with her book still in hand. "I heard what happened to your friend Lexi... I'm sorry. That must be hard. Is she okay?" Mj questioned carefully.

"She's... Better, now." Athena responded, Mj nodded. "How did you know?" She then asked. "My mom told me. Lexi's mom called mine. They're pretty close friends. I just never took a liking to Lexi because- I just never really took the time to get to know her, I guess."

Walking through the rather crowded hallway with a somewhat comfortable silence, Athena made it to her locker. She started turning the lock. Once her locker opened she pulled out her physics textbook. Opening her backpack, she swapped out her precalculus book with her physics one. Mj saw a polaroid picture fall out of Athena's backpack as the girl switched her books out.

Mj bent down and picked the picture up. Looking at it she saw the picture was of Athena, Lexi, and Noah. Caroline had taken a candid picture of the three of them a few weeks back. It was when they were beginning to get close. A slight smile appeared on Mj's lips, but it soon faded. She sighed softly. "You three seem to have gotten close." She commented quietly.

Athena heard Mj mumble something, but hadn't quite heard what she had said. "Pardon?" Athena shut her locker and turned to Mj. The curly haired girl handed Athena the picture. "You dropped this." Mj said.

"Thanks. But, what was it that you were saying?" Questions Athena. "I should get to class." Mj responded. "We have fifteen minute passing time." Said Athena, but Mj had opened her book and began walking away while she skimmed the page she'd read prior.

Athena exhaled. She put the polaroid picture in a folder inside her backpack. When looking back up Athena saw Aspen Marshall walking into the school. Athena swung her backpack over her headed towards Aspen, as the dark haired girl looked slightly nervous. Of course, Athena didn't know what was going on inside Aspen's head. What she had been thinking, but it was clear to Athena that whatever Aspen was thing about wasn't good, as Aspen had practically jumped when Athena tapped her shoulder.