72

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧.

Everyone has a hero, someone they look up to or admire, someone they wish they could be

Everyone has a hero, someone they look up to or admire, someone they wish they could be. A hero could be classified as many different things. People with our without super powers. People who use their words rather than their fists, or maybe the other way around. Someone who is willing to do the wrong things for the right reasons. It is easy to believe in heroes. The worst part about having heroes is when they stop believing in us.

Athena Maximoff walked the streets of Queens once more. Sam had decided it would be best if she helped him on his mission after she found Wanda. Athena wasn't sure if that was the only reason, though. The previous night after the carnival Sam dropped Athena off at Caroline's apartment. Caroline had been surprised to hear that Sam no longer wanted Athena's help. Now it was the next morning and Athena had been trying to remain 'normal'. She felt something off with her, but she hadn't had a clue as to what that was.

Athena had her phone in hand as she listened to Taylor Swift like she used to. It was then that she found herself missing Lexi Chambers. They used to sing Taylor Swift and One Direction together. And although Athena didn't fully remember it all, she still felt a part of her was missing without Lexi. As for Lexi herself. She'd been focusing on her college life now. Lexi had changed after Strange erased everyone's memory. Without her full memory of the Super Squad, she felt incomplete.

Turning the corned Athena felt a hand on her wrist try to pull her to the side. Athena responded with a swift kick and swung her arm up and out of the person's grip. "Who in the bloody hell are you?" Athena asked—her Sokovian accent clear as day. "I'm not trying to hurt you." Monica Rambeau said to her. Athena raised an eyebrow at her, as she looked at Monica in subtle confusion. "Okay, yeah, I know I wouldn't be able to hurt you even if I tried, but what I wanted to say was that I wanted your help on a case." Monica told her.

"My help on a case? What the hell are you talking about? I don't even know you." Athena shook her head, as she began to walk away. "I know Carol!" Monica then blurted out. Athena stopped walking and turned around at the mention of Captain Marvel. "Danvers? You know Carol Danvers, Captain Marvel?" Athena asked rather suspiciously. "It's been a while, but yes I knew her." Monica responded with a sigh. Athena thought to herself for about a minute.

"Okay... So if you knew Carol, then you're someone important. S.H.I.E.L.D?" Asked Athena. Monica shook her head. "S.W.O.R.D, actually." Monica corrected. "So..." Athena trailed off. "Oh, right. Uh, Monica Rambeau." She introduced herself. "Alright, what case is it that you need help with, Monica Rambeau?" Athena asked her. "Missing persons." Monica responded. "And you needed my help on this because?" Athena then asked. "Because I think it involves your sister... Wanda." Monica responded.

"What?" Asked Athena, as she hadn't actually thought that Monica would lead her to Wanda. Monica nodded slowly. "Wait, Wanda's responsible for a missing person?" Athena then asked. "Uh... Possibly several." Monica responded, as she handed Athena a file. "That's why I wanted your help." Monica then said, as Athena looked over the file. Although Monica was fidgeting with her fingers. Athena hadn't noticed this, but if she had, then she would've known something was up with Monica.