Chapter 5

Raven

All eyes on Steffen. Everyone couldn't be more confused than they had been already as they keep their eyes at Steffen. There are so many questions swirling all over their heads, but couldn't think of possible answers to.

They can't think of one reason why did Raven brought someone who works for Benedict. He must have a valid reason to explain his stance.

Unlike yesterday, Steffen pretty much gained his strength already. He could now get recognize despite all the contusion he got from yesterday.

"Could you please explain what that guy is doing here? He works for Benedict, isn't he?" Lay asked as soon as he came out from the room. He could no longer resist staying in silence while looking at Steffen's annoying face.

They had been wondering what is Raven thinking since last night he appeared with Steffen who was looking miserable. He did not explain what had happened and why did he brought him aside from instructing them to take care of him.

"I know, and that's exactly the reason why I brought him here." Everyone has a say but none of them, except from Lay had attempt to.

Lay didn't get the chance to utter a word when Steffen finally roused and took a sit. It took him few minutes to recognize their presence. Just after her eyes shifts to Raven, he's instantly reminded of last night.

Most of the people inside the room showed annoyance towards Steffen once he stood up with the usual smug smirk he wore. His shirtless torso have been exposed for a couple of minutes before he could even put on of his now clean clothes. 

"I guess you are feeling good already." Raven advanced towards him.

"You'd entrust me with these people and I guess I should give you what you deserve." Steffen was only trying to keep the pain out from his voice. He's still hurting but he pretends to be feeling good.

Funny how they could talk casually. Like they were so close and they have known each other for so long. As if they weren't enemies. As if they do not despise each other.

"About last night. I'm sure Benedict's the one who sent you there." Raven brought the subject to the conversation which caused Steffen to halt. "I was just wondering why no one was there to back you up?"

"You don't always have to have someone to fight with you or just cover up for you."

Raven bobbed his head. "So why didn't you fought back?" Steffen's face dropped serious. "I'm talking about your fight against Lloyd."

The moments that followed consist of silence. Everyone in the room has no clue of what they're talking about.

Steffen was aware he'll get that question from Raven after dragging him out of that place. He isn't done guessing what is Raven planning and now he had to face these people whom he considered their opponents.

"You know you don't call that a fight? Lloyd was just punching a person who never agrees for a battle. That isn't a fight." He told him. "But if you really liked to know why I didn't fought back... it was my decision."

"Why?"

"Because there is no use." He puts in. "The truth is, Benedict didn't sent me there. Actually, he has no idea about what I did."

Everyone had their forehead creased in confusion. "What do you mean?" Asked Migz.

He snigger. "I told you it was my decision. None of them knows I went there and what I was planning. And it might have get worse if Basher would have know about it."