Chapter 33

Raven

There is no other words to define how is Raven feeling after all that happened today. He felt exhausted. His mind, body, his full being's tired. So much happened to him today that it feels surreal and he couldn't believe it just happened. It was just like yesterday he was talking to Davis and now, he's gone.

He might not admit it to anyone but everyone knows Davis is someone important to him. In the past three years they had been working together, Davis has been like a father and a friend to him. Loosing him feels like loosing a part of Raven.

Tonight was the only time Raven understand what Erin once told him about her safe harbor. He didn't know how the lights coming from the buildings and a peaceful surroundings was his one, but now he understands why.

It seemed like he's had seen enough of Davis that he wouldn't want to see him in in that state again. That would only remind him how dreadful things had happened to him.

Until now it's still hard to believe that he's gone and he's not gonna be able to see and talk to him again. Davis maybe like the other people having illegal businesses but there's no one else like him. He's a nice person. There's so much he hadn't tell him he wish he did, and that only made him feel bad that even in the last time they had spoken with each other, he still haven't thanked him at least.

Davis has been a big help to them and he couldn't thank him enough for that. Losing Davis was as painful as losing his bar.

After last night and how his day started nicely with the other's positive aura, he thought this day would be different from his recent and things might go well, but he's wrong. It gets even tougher than it has been.

It was nearing twelve in the evening when he decided to go back to the house. As always, everyone is waiting for him. When his eyes shifts over to Erin, it was the moment he realize what he did to her, but he keep his cool despite his intention to check on her.

"What will happen now?" Raven came into halt when he was asked by Ryan before he could make a step to his room. "After what you did, let's not expect Parker would give his full trust on us."

Everyone is quite impressed at how Ryan is having the guts to ask him this question all of a sudden, but confused at the same time.

They never expected Raven would respond but he spun and look Ryan in the eyes.

"I couldn't care less. There's no more connection between me and Parker." He said, quietly.

"What?!" Ryan exclaimed in disbelief. He is as confused as everyone are. "Do you hear what you are saying? Parker has been a big help to us, isn't he? You can't just quit off what you'd started."

"I can. I already did." He replied, making Ryan snigger.

"You must be kidding. It's not like Parker would let you do that."

"And it's not like he could do anything to stop me. I've made my decision, and that's final."

After a couple of minutes, Raven finally enter his room, leaving everyone speechless. Ryan, who is still in the process of reckoning what just happened broke a sigh before heading straight to the rooftop.

They understand Raven is just getting ahead of his emotions, but they never thought he'll gone this seriously, knowing Parker is a big loss to them, but then again, there's no way anyone could change his mind.

When the next morning comes, Raven woke up just to be reminded of his loss. He slept last night without much effort. He was exhausted that he didn't have trouble sleeping.