Chapter 34

Erin

Since that night Blake had a conversation with Erin. He never stopped thinking about it and how things are going on after that. That night Erin saw him outside the house was the only time he's been caught by someone. It wasn't the first time he had come to check on Raven. Something he doesn't admit to anyone.

Everything Erin said that night is correct. He must admit Erin got him instilled by how she talked to him. She said something that makes him think a lot more significant of thing he could and should be doing.

After a few days, Blake had made up his mind and decided to meet Raven but not that it was as easy as he could think of. Blake doesn't know how, when and where he's able to meet him without having a formal invite.

He never imagined this day would come that he would want to talk to Raven again.

He would go to their place, hoping he'll be able to see him but it wasn't successful. That one time he's loosing hope he's never gonna talk to him anymore, he thought about going to the bar they once own, he saw Raven, unexpectedly. He was standing distance away from him who's been looking at the structure that almost couldn't be recognized anymore.

For a moment, he choose to stay there and watch his brother from behind. Just looking at him right now reminds him of so many things in the past. Just like when they were kids. The only thing is that they're not kids anymore and so many things had changed.

Blake was occupied by a lot of thoughts he didn't notice Raven was now looking back at him, but it didn't take long when Raven averted and start to walk away as if he saw nothing.

"Raven!" Blake then tried to keep up with his fast stride before Raven could go any farther. "Hold on, Raven."

The more Blake tried to catch up his pace the faster Raven gets. He couldn't think of what makes Blake appeared all of a sudden.

"Achlys!" Blake knew it was the only way he'll be able to stop Raven, and he's correct. "Can we talk?"

Raven isn't turning around and his fist's clenched as he tried to keep it his composure the way he's supposed to. He couldn't stand the thought that Blake's is just behind his back.

"There's nothing we have to talk about."

"Ach— please.  I know you wouldn't listen to me that easily, but please... hear me out."

Raven couldn't take it anymore and decided to spun with a smirk on his face. For a moment he repented he still turned to look at him when he knows he would only be reminded of the pain and all that's keeping him despised about him so much.

"What do you think we still had to talk about? As far as I care, we have no reasons to be talking anymore." With his chin up, he takes few steps toward Blake. Looking a lot more composed this time. "I forgot we're related since that day you'd choose Benedict over us. Over me."

Everything he said was a big slap on the face that Blake couldn't think of what to say. Until now he knows his brother still holding grudge on him and he couldn't blame him for that. He's made him do it, but not that it was his intention.

"Raven, I'm... I just..." Blake was having trouble forming a sentence while trying to keep his cool, and Raven end up smirking while looking at him. "I'm sorry." It was the only thing comes out from his mouth as soon as Raven's about to step.

A long silence occured, and Raven felt like something stabbed him in the chest as the words echoed in his head. He couldn't move a muscle, and all he's able to do was grit his teeth.

There are so many things he wanted to say at this moment but no words seemed to come out of his mouth. He doesn't know what should he feel about it and how he's gonna believe him.