Chapter 28

Raven

Everyone should be happy by how is Raven acting lately. In the days following the incident, Raven gets back to being himself again, but not completely the Raven they used to know. He's been smiling a lot more often and being lively. They could tell it isn't genuine which makes them a bit worried.

Since the last time Erin had spoken to him, they get back ignoring each other. It looks like Raven is serious about disregarding what had happened.

Even though he's unusually acting very lively, she could tell it was the opposite of what he feels inside.

The moment Erin came out from the room, she quickly notice something isn't right. She's feeling strange as if someone is watching her. And she gets careful.

Just when she's about to turn around, she felt something from behind and she's able to catch a glimpse of the figure behind. Erin did not wait for anything else to happen and instantly hit the guy on the stomach. Her attacks gets unusually fast and intense that she no longer wait for another time to beat the guy. After she threw him on the ground and was about to hit him one more time, she heard someone clapping which made her brought her eyes up.

"That was... incredible." Erin was above surprise when she saw Parker and two other men in suits beside him.

"How did you get in here?" Erin asked but Parker only smiled. "Who is this?" She then asked Parker while looking at Jacob who is still on the floor with blood pouring from his cut lip.

"Erin." She took a step back when she heard Raven calls out her name. "It's fine." She looked at Parker and next to Jacob before taking another step back at Raven while Jacob struggle getting up on his feet from Erin's hard attack.

Parker who's still stunned of Erin, couldn't hide his amusement. She never expect something like that from a girl.

"This is one of the many reasons why I always like to work with you people. You have a nice friend here, Raven."

He turn his head back at her but Erin averted his gaze the moment she felt uneasy with Parker's hard stares. Reading her like a book, she began to feel anxious. Three years isn't that long to forget her by someone like Parker and that thought would never sound good.

"Hold on. Have we met before?" One of her fears had finally come. The shaking of her feet starts climbing up through her body. She could also feel Raven and other's hard stare which makes her a lot more anxious. "I think I've seen you somewhere before—"

"No we haven't." She quickly respond and he was not able to say anything else when Raven speak up.

"You must've mistaken her for someone." He stepped next to Erin who thievishly release a sigh of relief. But Parker doesn't seem to agree. They may be right but Parker could not disregard her assumption.

"Why are you here all of a sudden?"

"Well, I assume you had told everyone about our agreement, which includes your main goal." He reached for his shoulder. "Nothing crucial. I just came here to say... I'll leave everything to you, Raven. We made an agreement and I expect you to keep them as much as I do. I know things would turn out differently but I'm counting on you. After all, my name is still on the line."

It took a while before Raven broke a smirk.

"I'll try my best." He may be jesting and it might sounds difficult given what kind of grief Raven is having towards Benedict but sure Raven would never break a promise.

After the conversation they had. Benedict step out and Jacob was left to give Erin a sharp look before leaving the room with annoyance.

He could not believe a girl just beat him like that.