Chapter 25

Erin

"What did you just say?! Raven's what?!" Brent asked, confused.

He couldn't simply keep his cool from what Steffen had told them. Everyone is looking surprised and confused but not as much as Basher does. He couldn't stop thinking about the incident from earlier and right now he's still trying to process how did that happened and why.

Raven is giving him so many reason to get so furious of him. The way Raven looked down on him from earlier. There's no way that thought would quickly slid off his mind.

Steffen broke a sigh. "You heard it right. Raven is now working for Parker. And, jah. From now on he'll be the one to manage everything between Parker and Benedict."

"But why? I mean how did that happened? His father. Isn't he the one who sent Parker to jail?" Carl asked this time.

"I know. But we have no idea why and how it happens."

Basher, who's still in the corner wasn't saying anything, which makes them feel a lot more cautious. Annoyance's evident on his face as he keeps ruminating the same thing even until now.

Raven hadn't done anything to him. But technically, what he did is much more terrible than what he think it has been. 

Blake on the other hand remained in silence. But unlike Basher, he's thinking way more logical. Four years isn't that long to forget what had happened. He knows Parker but he knows Raven as well. He may be terrible in making decisions but his way of thinking is way critical than he could imagine.

"Hey, Bash! Where are you going?" Brent immediately asked.

All eyes drifts at Basher when he departed without a word. None of them could stop him, though.

Everyone in the room is sharing the same thought about what is running through Basher's head all this time. By now, they could tell what is he planning with Raven.

Basher was in full grief when he left the mansion and nothing had changed when he finally arrived at the house he expect Raven would be at.

"Basher?" The boys panicked when Basher made an appearance. No matter how they attempt to stop him, they do not stand a chance.

"Where's Raven?" He asked as soon as he make it inside with the same expression he wore when he left the mansion.

"How did you get in here?"

"I'm asking you where's Raven?!"

Brandon had his brow raised while looking at Basher who looks like would just explode anytime soon.

His sudden appearance surprised everyone. They don't know exactly the reason that brought him here but they had a strong feeling it has something to do with what is Raven had told them about earlier.

"What's your problem?" Basher's not able to say anything else when she saw Erin came out and he was quickly reminded of the lat time he'd seen her. But less for his concern.

"I'm asking you where's Raven?" The moment Erin was about to advance towards Basher, Raven finally came out.

He could hear his voice from the rooftop. But unlike the others, he was expecting him to come and his expression is satisfying he could stare at Basher forever.

"Did you miss me already?"

"Are you seriously disparaging me?" He asked with fury and Raven was only refraining himself from laughing.

"How did you say so?"

"Quit playing with me, Raven. I know you and I know what you're planning. There's no way I'll let that happen."