Chapter 41

Raven

One night, Kylie was leaning against the wall when Raven come out from his room like she was really waiting for him. She stayed in silence, watching Raven stroll to the living room, and when he notice Kylie was only looking at him, he smiled at her. She felt glad that Raven's doing better now and she need not to worry that much but the Raven her eyes sees now only makes Kylie desirous.

When he started to the door, Kylie comes after him and she grabbed his wrist before he could make it outside.

"Raven," He looked over to his shoulder.

"Kylie. What's up?"

Kylie cleared her throat as Raven turn around "Can we talk somewhere else?"

Raven gets confused as he looked into her eyes, but Kylie's looking a bit strange and he thinks about giving her another time.

When they entered the car and Raven is about to start the engine, Kylie spoke. "Actually, this is fine. I just have to ask you something."

Raven slowly nodded his head. "What is it?"

"What is Erin to you?" Raven didn't saw that coming, and he had to think again what she just asked him. "Raven, I'm not torpid. I've been wanting to ask you this since she came in our lives. Erin isn't just someone, right? I know and I can tell she's had a huge part in your life."

Raven had to breath in several times before he could look her in the eyes. He knows they've been wondering about the same thought Kylie has, and he doesn't know how he could explain it to them.

"Erin is as important as you and others to me. She's been a part of myself ever since and I treasured her the same way I promised I would before."

Kylie suppress her lips. "Do you like her?" He was taken aback with her question.

"What are you—"

"Do you like her the same way I like you?" Kylie was only keeping a straight face while Raven couldn't be more confused. There was a long silence before Kylie continued. "Raven, I love you. I love you but not in a way you see it."

"Kylie, you know I love you. I've always loved you." He paused when tears began to sprang from Kylie's eyes and Raven doesn't know what to do. "You are the greatest friend anyone could ask for."

It felt like Kylie was stabbed in the chest but she's acted cool. She's happy that she's been a part of his life but she doesn't know if she'll still be happy, realizing that that isn't what she's wanted to hear.

She moisten her lips. "Raven, I love you not just a friend... but more than that. You see, ever since that day you saved me, I know I want nothing but to stay next to you all the time. You are important to me and I would do anything for you." She was looking at him like she's begging for him to say what she wants to hear. "Can't you love me the same way tha I love you?"

It's hard for Raven to think of this right now. After all these time Kylie has been feeling this way and he didn't even got the slightest idea. Perhaps he sees everybody the same ways that he hadn't pay attention what Kylie is feeling for him. He is surprised, and it's challenging that he had to be careful of what he will say without hurting her feelings.

"I appreciate everything you do for me and for everyone, Kylie. You'd been there for me all the time, and I thank you for being there and just being who you are. I love you, Kylie. If we would go back to that same day we met? I'd be selfish and would choose to go back and still save you. That is one of the good decisions I've made." He then reached for her hands. "I may not be the one for you... but you'll expect me to be there for you just like you've been there for me. I'm willing to risk my life to save you how many times it would take if that means having you here with me for the rest of our lives."