Brunette Locks

TW: Mentions of Abuse and Neglect.

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

"Head up—thank you, lovely girl" I smiled as I slowly parted her small brunette locks. This little girl couldn't of been no older then 6 and she had come in here with the most irritated skin I had ever seen in my entire life.

Her father stood at a distance, leaning against the door as I told him he couldn't come in.

"Okay. Can you stand up on the seat for me, sweetheart?" I asked politely. She nodded slowly and hesitantly climbed her way onto the seat "Good girl, now just stay there while I have a quick chat with your daddy, ok?"

She gave me a small shy nod. I smiled at her once more and and took off my gloves as i walked over towards her dad.

"Is she ok?" He asked simply, crossing his arms over his chest with an unbothered expression on his face.

"She is fine" I nodded "She does have a severe case of eczema around her elbows and in her scalp—for her scalp, it's rare but happens. I can give you a potion for her scalp and just some cream for her arms" I turned around and opened the cabinet beside myself, pulling out a small tube "Apply this every night for the next two weeks after a warm bath. Just massage it gently to avoid hurting her and try to get her not to itch so much" 

"Really, For a small rash on her arms?" He scrunched up his face in disgust. I tried to conceal my anger and took a deep breath out subtly through my nose.

"I know it can be a slight inconvenience to, what I'm sure is a pristine routine you have" I said with a small tone of sarcasm "But it's better for Amelia in the long run and would avoid any further problems" I said as I handed him the cream. He scoffed and shoved it in his pocket.

"Can we leave?" He said hurriedly, like he had other places to be.

"I have actually been looking at her records and noticed Amelia hasn't had a simple routine checkup since she was four. So, I'm afraid it's mandatory for me to ask if that's alright with you? It won't take any longer then 10 minutes and would prevent you from coming back in the future" I explained.

"Merlin" he groaned "Fine, whatever—just be quick with it"

I breathed out heavily "Of course, sir" I turned around and started to walk away, cursing him under my breath. I made my way back to Amelia and proceeded to close the safety curtain, so she felt safe.

"No!" I stopped closing it and peeked my head around the side to see her dad "Don't close that, I wanna see what's going on"

"I'm sorry, sir but it's for Amelia's safety" I gave him a short smile before closing it the rest of the way. Once closed, i brought up my middle finger to the outline of his shadow from the other side and rolled my eyes "Ok, Amelia"

I turned around and now saw she was sitting down. I smiled and took a seat next to her "You are all fine. Just a little cream for you to put on your elbows" I stood up "Now, if it's ok with you, I'm just gonna check you out—listen to your heart beat, take your temperature—all the normal things, ok?"

"Ok" she said, her small voice was quiet and almost scared.

"Ok, just hop up on here for me" i pat the chair she was standing on just before. She nodded and stood up. I could tell she was scared and uncomfortable so I tired anything to get her to relax "Ok, I'm just gonna wave my wand over your abdomen and your gonna see some pretty colours flash and tell me if you're ok"

She gave me a little hum and let me do my thing. I waved my wand over her little stomach and let the colour shoot up in front of me. I inspected them closely, swiping left and right and checking every single vital and pulse.