Where It All Started

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

Quiet.

Cold.

My skin felt like ice, biting against the tips of my fingers and the corners of my eyes. I was bleeding, I knew that, but for some reason—I felt no pain. I felt only the small tear that escaped my left eye as I laid against the hard wooden floor.

I had no clue where we were. My vision had been compromised down to a small slit, as though I was peeking through a blind. I couldn't feel any of my limbs, I felt like I was only my mind, flickering from thought to thought as I embraced the silence.

I couldn't remember what happened. The last thing I saw was Draco, reaching out for me and calling my name. I didn't know if it was real or not, I hadn't been able to pick apart what's reality and what's not before I collapsed—at least, I think I collapsed.

A small part of me enjoyed the quiet and the numbness. I couldn't remember how I got here or why I was here, any worried thoughts I might of had—were no more and all I knew was long blissful silence.

Where's Draco? He would enjoy the silence.

"Why do they have to scream at the same bloody time? It's like they know it's 3AM IN THE MORNING!" Draco whispered shouted as he pulled a pillow over his head, trying to drown out the sound of our babies screaming in the next room.

"Lorenzo is teething and Elora always wakes up at this time, you know that" I mumbled half asleep.

"So who's gonna get up?" He said, his voice muffling against the pillow over his face "Rock, paper, scissors?"

"It's 3 in the morning, Draco. I'm not playing rock, paper, Scissors with you" I mumbled as I felt my eye lids become heavy and my vision start to differ.

"Y'know what? I'll get up" I felt Draco toss the covers off his body and land onto mine "Because I'm a good husband and father"

"Hmm" I mumbled, not really listening to what he's saying "Rub baby Panadol on Lorenzo's gums and just give Elora her dummy"

"We have two kids" he stated as a matter of factly "And there is two of us"

"And?"

"And... if I suffer, you suffer"

"No, Draco I don't wanna—DRACO PUT ME DOWN" I whisper shouted as I felt him lift my body from the bed and cradle in his arms like he does Elora "Draco I'm being serious—let. Me. Go"

"I don't think so AnnaLeigh Malfoy" he teased, rubbing his hand over my arse "If I—wait" he stopped mid room "Do you hear that?"

I stopped and listened for a moment but heard nothing.

"I don't hear anything" I said confused.

Draco smirked "Exactly. They went back to sleep, nothing but sweet silence now" he sighed and finally put me down on the ground. Immediately I hit him across the chest and he seethed.

"Don't do that again" I frowned "That was my beauty sleep"

"You don't need beauty sleep my love" he smiled and he gripped my chin, pulling me into a kiss.

"Well, now I'm fully awake" I huffed "I really wanted to sleep"

"I could provide a few ways to tire you out" he smirked and ran his other hand around my waist and down my back.

Well, there goes the silence.

He liked the quiet. Gave him time to think about things.