Sugar Shrub

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

"What?" I chuckled and took my hand away from his shoulder, thinking he was taking the piss "That's not funny Draco—"

"Does it look like I'm laughing?" He snapped and aggressively slammed the cup of water down onto the dresser beside the bed.

This resulted in water splashing onto the surface and down onto the floor but thankfully the cup didn't smash. 

"That's impossible" I shook my head and stood up "He's gone—Astoria took care of him 12 bloody years ago"

"Well obviously not if I just saw him lurking around Elora's rose bush" He commented and stood to his feet beside me "Come"

He grabbed my hand and Together we walked from the play room and downstairs into the corridor that lead from the kitchen to the back door.

"Watch" Draco said as we stood there for a silent moment.

A few more minutes went by and I started to question if Draco really saw someone or he was just seeing things.

That was until I spotted him myself.

My mouth dropped open as I watched him cut the leaves off one of the Sugar shrub bushes we have.

"Draco" I whispered shouted and pat his bare shoulder. He frowned and looked towards where I was pointing "There" I said.

"What the fuck is he doing?"

"I don't know" I shrugged "Its gotta be polyjuice potion, right? Why would your father need Sugar shrub leaves? More importantly, how did he get into our yard? The gates at least 10 feet high"

"I wish I had an answer, darling" he mumbled before reaching Into the pocket of his grey sweats and pulling out his wand "Stay here"

"What— Draco you're not going out there" I protested "you're shirtless and At least not by yourself"

"What's me being shirtless got to do with anything?" He asked with a raised brow.

"Good point" I shrugged.

"You're in nothing but my shirt so just—stay here" he instructed. I nodded and followed until he stepped outside then I hung by the door and watched.

I watched as Draco snuck up behind the man that didn't even seem to notice he was being watched and continued to hack at our plants.

"Stupefy" Draco said and install the man fell to the ground. I sighed and pushed open the back door to help Draco bring him inside.

"Jesus" I mumbled as I looked down at the man that really did look like Draco's father.

"Well, it's definitely not Lucius" Draco said and crouched to get a better look at him.

"They do look an awful like, don't you think?" I said and brushed the long hair from his face. This man held a bigger build, similar to Lucius but not quite right. His hair was a little more of a sandy colour but his face still held that pasty white.

"Mm" Draco hummed "Here, hold this" he said and handed me his wand. I nodded and took the wand before standing up and stepping back.

Draco lifted the man in an upright position before getting down lower and hoisted the man onto his shoulder. He stood up with a small grunt, the man didn't look too light.

"Bloody hell" I chuckled and ran ahead to open the door for him.

Once inside, Draco carried the man into the living room and dropped him onto the couch.