Picnic Break

AnnaLeigh

Two more weeks had gone by.

A time full of constant work.

It was now Saturday morning, the first Saturday I've had off in such a long time. Draco got his cast off two days ago and he couldn't be happier. At every point of the day he calls me into a room to do something so simple, to show me that he could do it again without any struggle.

It put a smile on my face to see how cute he looked so content.

Right now, I laid in bed. It was about 8:30 in the morning and I'd woken up to Draco drawing small star patterns with his fingers on my upper arm.

"You woke me up" I chuckled softly and turned my head to look at him.

"Sorry, my love" he smiled "You looked so peaceful in your sleep, I hadn't meant to wake you"

"It's alright" I sighed and sat up slowly "How are you feeling?"

"Better now you're awake" he leant forward and pressed a kiss to my forehead "Any plans for today?"

"No" I shook my head "First Saturday I've had off in a while. I'm just excited to relax"

"Yeah?" He smiled and brushed the hair away from my shoulder to plant another kiss there "Good because I have plans for us today"

"Like what?" I asked.

"Wouldn't you like to know" he smirked then shuffled to the side so he could stand from the bed.

I rolled my eyes and stood up as well, looking at Draco stand on the other side of the bed across from me. He had on the pyjamas I bought for him last Christmas that consisted of a black and red plaid pattern.

"What are we doing?" I laughed "Just tell me so I know how to dress"

"Wear something pretty, something light and comfortable" He said as he picked up the blanket and began to make the bed "Easy to get out of"

"Like a sundress?" I asked as I walked over to my dresser.

"Like a sundress" he nodded and fluffed up the pillows on either side.

I squinted suspiciously at him before turning towards my wardrobe and looking at all the dresses I had hung up. Most of them were fancy, something I'd wear to a dinner party or formal event, then there was the other half that I'd wear to meetings at the hospital.

I only owned two Sundress, both of which Draco had bought for me but I've never worn before. I've never had the occasion or opportunity to do so but I guess it's better late than never.

I picked one out and had a quick shower before i threw it on. By the time I stepped out of the bathroom, Draco was already dressed and spraying some of his cologne on the shirt he was wearing.

"How is it?" I said as I looked down at the dress I was surprised fit me since it was before I was pregnant with Lorenzo and my body had changed quite a lot since then.

"Merlin..." he whispered as he looked me up and down "You look absolutely incredible"

"You think so?" I smiled and turned around to look at myself in the mirror "I hardly recognise myself in a dress. I often find myself in scrubs or pyjamas these days"

"Both in which you still look absolutely stunning" Draco complemented as he walked towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist, staring at me in the mirror.

I smiled and smoothed my hands over his arms.

"I miss it" he sighed and leant his head on my shoulder.