Amelia Moore

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

"Head up" I instructed, pushing my fingers up underneath the man's chin to assist in lifting his injured head.

It was the middle of yet another work day.

I didn't have any important surgery today so I was currently stuck in the pit, Doing stitches and check ups.

Draco was currently in the middle of a surgery so that left my trying to occupy myself until we were let off for lunch.

"Thanks, doc" the elderly man showed me a kind smile after I had finished stitching the laceration on his forehead.

"It's what I do" I replied, showing the same kind smile "Now, just try to take it easy for the next couple of days, yeah?" The old man nodded before I pushed my seat away from the bed and stood up, striping the gloves off my hands and disposing of them in the bin beside me.

After cleaning myself up, I decided I'd go in and see how Draco's surgery was going. I walked down the busy hallway and into the scrub room where I took of my coat and tied on a mask.

Slowly I pushed open the door to the OR and slipped my body through just enough to be visible.

"Dr Malfoy" I made myself known to him and the 8 other scrub nurses that stood in the room. Draco briefly looked up from his patient and even with the mask covering his face, i could notice the smile.

"Dr Malfoy" he replied, his eyes flickering between the clamp he held and me "Can I help
You?"

"No" I shook my head and walked a little closer "Just wanted to see how everything was coming along" I sad as I inched a little closer and looked over the table at the patient.

"It's going good" Draco said "He coded not to long ago and forced us to intubate. We had a near slash in the carotid and and a minor internal bleed in the left marginal, but this little guy's strong"

I smiled and saw that this little boy was no older then 12. In this job, it was heartbreaking seeing everything these people went though.

Especially kids.

"That's good" I nodded.

"I was actually..." he trailed off as he pulled the clamp away from his body "Just finished. Dr Bailey, close up for me?"

"Of course, sir" the small brown haired women stepped in place of Draco and the nurses started to prepare for a close.

I smiled and stepped, making my way back to the scrub room with Draco behind me.

Once in, I took off my mask and put my coat back on as Draco cleaned off and washed up.

We both managed to walk out together, expecting to go on our break but as soon as we stepped out of the room, I was immediately bombarded with another nurse.

"Dr Malfoy" She smiled "So sorry to interrupt but there's a woman in the waiting room for you, she seemed pretty insistent on seeing you now"

I frowned and looked beside myself at Draco who looked just as confused.

I nodded and looked back at the nurse "Thank you" she smiled and walked away.

"Who could that be?" Draco asked.

"Your guess is as good as mine, love" I responded and started to make my way into the waiting room with Draco right beside me.

I looked around at the considerably empty chairs until I spotted a women sitting in the corner.

Immediately I looked at Draco and he just shrugged.

I groaned and walked over, clearing my throat to make myself known.