Lies Unfolded

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

"Pop the peanut on the tip of your nose and try to catch it—that's it! You got it" I smiled and watched as she caught the peanut in her mouth, chewing slowly.

It had been 2 hours since her father was escorted from the building by a couple of aurors, he ended up cracking under pressure and admitted to abusing her, as well as not letting her leave her room for food and water in two weeks—how she was still alive? Was beyond me.

But I'm glad she was.

"Anna" Draco said as he pushed the curtain aside "YWPS are here"

"Oh" I sighed and stood up "C'mon, someone is here to take you to a new home with Nice people" I reached my hand down for her to take. She smiled and stood up, wrapping her small hand around my finger.

We were about to walk out when a women pushed open the curtain completely. She was tall, taller then me and almost as tall as Draco, her skin was beautiful shade of chocolate and her frizzy black hair was tied up in a neat bun.

She had glasses on her head and a bag over her shoulder.

"Oh—sorry" she chuckled "I didn't know whether to come in or not" she sounded sweet and her voice was gentle, the complete opposite of what she looked like.

"Hi, I'm Dr Malfoy" I held out my other hand for her to shake. She smiled and took it happily.

"I'm Carmen. Head of corrections at YWPS and this must be little Amelia" she smiled as she crouched down to her level. Amelia hid her face in my leg and it made my heart swell "Hi, Amelia. I'm here to help you"

"She's a little shy" I said. Carmen chuckled and stood up.

"They all are" she tutted "She'll get used to the way our system works and this time next week, she'll be 10x happier"

"Great" I smiled "Amelia, you're gonna go with this nice lady now, ok?" Amelia gave a short nod and let go of my hand. Carmen held out hers and Amelia hesitantly took it, looking up at me for approval. I nodded and watched as they both left "Draco..."

"Don't even think about it" he shook his head with a small smile.

"But they're so cute when they're little" I whined and turned around to bury my head in his chest. He laughed and hugged his arms around my back.

"I know, I know" he said "But three is enough for me and two is enough for you"

"You don't know what's enough for me" I scoffed playfully and pulled away from him "Now, when's home time? I'm exhausted"

"My love, we have 4 hours left" he said, looking down at his watch "Then we can go home" he placed a single finger under my chin and lifted my head to look up at him "And we can do all the relaxing we want" he smirked.

I gasped "Now, I'm excited" I smirked and reached on my tiptoes to place a kiss on his lips.

"Is that work place appropriate? I don't think it is"

I broke from our kiss and leant down on my feet "Didn't you literally get caught with Albus at his auror firm?"

"Not the point" she waved it off with a sly smile.

"I gotta get back" Draco leant down and gave me one last quick kiss "See ya later, Kehlani"

"Yeah, bye Otto" she smiled before Grabbing my hand and dragging me away.

We walked to my office and closed the door, finally having the privacy to talk.

"Who's Otto?" I asked as I sat down at my desk. Kehlnai sat down on a seat at the other side.