Aftermath Or Aftercare

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

"Did I mention that this is my favourite part out of everything we do?" I sighed as I sunk my aching muscles into the warm bath Draco had run for me.

"No you actually haven't" he smiled softly and shook his head before dampening a cloth and swiping it over my chest.

"I think it's more intimate then the sex" I shrugged and closed my eyes.

"You think?" He chuckled.

"Yeah. It's what makes a couple strong and I wasn't really all that used to after care before I met you so it's kinda special to me" I sighed and even with my eyes closed, I could tell the vibe in the room had changed. Draco became stiff and I instantly cursed myself for bringing it up "Im sorry I didn't—"

"Don't be sorry" he shook his head "You were mistreated. If you wanna talk about it then I'm all ears, no matter who it was"  he replaced his look with a small smile.

"Don't-Don't do that"

"Do what?"

"Hide what you're feeling" I said and sat up in the tub "If something I said upset you, then tell me. I wanna hear about you, it's not all about me, Draco"

"It is all about you, Anna" he responded, dropping the cloth into the water.

"It's not" I shook my head "You lost your son, Draco. It doesn't matter what type of person he was or what he did, he was still your son and I don't know what's going on in your head because you never tell me—"

"Maybe I don't tell you because I don't wanna upset you!" He snapped and stood up from sitting on the edge of the tub "You've been through enough. You don't need me dreading you with all my fucking problems"

"If I didn't wanna hear what's bothering you then I would of never fucking asked" I frowned as I stood out from the bath. Draco turned around and gave me a towel to wrap around my body "You are my husband Draco—you are a human fucking bean. What you think matters"

"Except it doesn't!" He spun around, turning his back towards me "I don't have a say when it comes to Scorpius. It wasn't me he fucking abused"

"He's your son!" I shouted "You're allowed to be upset that he killed himself!"

"See, there's my problem!" He spun back around "He killed himself and it's taking everything I have in me to not blame you! Because I know it's not your fault but something deep inside me is screaming that it is and when you want me to talk about it, I feel like I'm going to say something I can't take back!"

"So-So you think it's my fault that he died?" I furrowed my eye brows, now more hurt that he thinks that then angry.

"No—Anna—that's not what I said"

"But it is what you just said" I crossed my arms and looked down. I couldn't look at him. Having the person I love think I was responsible for such a thing...hurt.

"It's not what I meant" he sighed "I know it's not your fault, AnnaLeigh. Nothings ever your fault" he mumbled the last part but I heard.

I fucking heard.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me" I chuckled sarcastically before pushing my way past him and out of the bathroom.

"Wait—Anna!" Draco tried to stop me as I stomped my way down the hallway.

"When you wanna be an adult and actually talk about how you feel instead of bottling it up and then snapping, come see me. I'll be at Kehlani's" I said before shutting myself in the guest bedroom.