What You Can't Have

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

Sitting with my body leant against the couch, I tossed my head back and let a heavy exhale escape my lips.

Just coming back from a hard day at work, my feet felt like they were burning and I didn't even wanna talk about the pain in my back. Ever since Draco's absence, I've been filling his post and I now know that I don't give this man enough credit for what he does on the daily.

"Exhausted?" He chuckled as he walked into the room. I turned my head to the side still rested back and shot him a glare "I figured as much"

"I blame this entirely on you" I sighed and looked back up at the ceiling.

He chuckled and sat down next to me, placing a comforting hand on my upper thigh "Yes, how rude it was of me to be attacked from behind"

"Yeah, how dare you" I laughed and moved my head to look at him again.

He smiled and leant across to place a kiss on my lips. I returned the favour and rested my head on his shoulder once we parted.

"Oh, my sweet girl" he sighed "I think maybe you should have a talk to your boss"

"Okay" I nodded and sat up right, turning my body towards him "Hey, Mr Malfoy, I hate your fucking job"

He laughed "Hate the labour but love the figures on the check"

"Are you calling me a gold digger?" I frowned.

"Not a good digger" he smirked "Just expensive"

"Right" I rolled my eyes and slapped his chest "Just for that, you can cook dinner tonight"

"I'm injured" he said and held up his right arms that was covered in a cast.

"So am I" I said and leant back down on the couch "I stand and my feet will fall off"

Draco laughed some more and stood up "C'mon" he held out his good hand towards me.

I took it and with little effort, he lifted me to my aching feet.

"Draco" I whined and slumped my shoulders forward "Why must you insist on torturing me?"

"Use magic" he shrugged "You have a wand"

"You use magic" I argued "You have a wand"

He rolled his eyes and turned away "You're so lucky I have two kids with you"

"You're the lucky one here, mister" I laughed and walked with him towards the kitchen "It takes two to tango"

"Y'know what you're also lucky about?" He asked as I hoisted myself up onto the counter and watched him walk around the island to face me.

"And what would that be?" I asked as I plucked a single grape from the fruit bowl beside me and popped it into my mouth.

Draco turned around and stepped in between my spread legs. I swallowed the grape in my mouth as he looked up at me, moving his cast free hand up my thigh slowly.

I placed my hands either side of my body on the bench and locked eyes with him. Even up on the counter, Draco still managed to be the same height, a little taller if he was to crank his head up straight.

"That my wrists sprained" he whispered and hooked his fingers underneath the waist band of my scrub pants.

"Why's that?" I asked quietly. Every once of confidence and self respect always seemed to flee in moments like this, leaving me vulnerable and completely underneath his every command.