That Happens To Be My Wife

Draco Malfoy

A lengthy groan escaped my mouth as I tossed to my side, my eyes still closed as I threw my arm over her body.

Except... her body wasn't there.

I frowned and opened my eyes, letting my sight adjust to the harsh light of early morning and she wasn't there. Her side of the bed was cold and her pillow laid untouched.

She didn't come home last night?

I fell asleep before she came home because I figured she would come home during the night. I assumed she spent some time with Kehlani or caught up for a drink after they left Hogwarts but she would of definitely been home by now.

I frowned and reached around the other side of the bed, grabbing my phone from the bedside table. Seeing the time read 6:30 am, I swiped across and unlocked my phone, immediately clicking Anna's contact and holding the phone to my ear.

It rang out until her voicemail. I groaned, pressing it again and again, her voice mail.

"Hey, Anna it's Draco. You didn't come home last night and I'm a little worried. Please call me back as soon as you get this to let me know where you are and if you're ok"

I pressed the hand up button and dropped my phone onto the pillow beside me. This was unlike her, we both had work in an hour and she never missed work.

I picked up my phone and scrolled for Kehlani's number. I found it and clicked it, holding the phone to my ear again.

It rang a few times before the line answered.

"Draco. You crazy son of a bitch, it's 6:30 in the morning—"

"Kehlani" I breathed "Where's Anna?"

"What?" Her voice was small, like I just woke her up.

"Anna, my wife. Where is she?"

"Anna? She texted me yesterday and said she left Hogwarts early to be there when you came home"

"Wait—she's not with you?" I blinked and sat up, letting the covers fall off my naked chest.

"She's not with you?" She sounded a little more awake and alert now.

"No, She's not with me. She didn't come home last night, I didn't get a text, a call—nothing" I tossed the covers from my body and stood up. Now fully awake.

"Ah—ok, um... I'm coming over. I'll be there in 20" she said "Try not to freak the fuck out before I get there. She probably crashed at Tiff's"

"Yeah, ok" she said her farewell before the call hung up. I dropped my phone back onto the table and walked into the bathroom, seeing my ring still in the sink.

I picked it up and slid it on my finger.

I tired over think this situation. Anna wasn't stupid and she could take care of herself so it was likely she stayed that night a Tiffany's and her phone died or she got drunk, but I couldn't help the doubt.

She would never get drunk on a week day, she had work and she knew that.

An anxious feeling started to settle in my stomach and my skin started to lightly sweat. There was no way I was going to work today, not until I knew where she was and that she was safe.

"Hey, Pete" I pressed the phone to my ear "Yeah, hey mate. I'm not coming in today—I don't feel too good. Can you push all my appointments to late tomorrow? Oh— ok thank you" I smiled and hung up the phone.

"Kehlani is here! No one freak out" Kehlani pushed open our bedroom door and once she saw me, we both froze "Bro, put on a shirt" she scoffed before covering her eyes.