༻Chapter 1༺

Behind the model student figure

Russia's POV
"Ahhh...school...tests, books, knowledge, a true hellhole for me when it's about intelligence, but people here fear me, nobody dares to challenge me, my social life here is great."
I kept thinking about how powerful I was until I heard the voice of my sister calling me: "Russia, come! We're gonna be late!"
"Coming!" I replied while quickly grabbing my backpack.
"Russia! What the fuck were you doing?" Ukraine said.
"Nothing, just getting myself ready, aight? I replied with a really annoyed tone.
"Ugh, whatever, come on, I can't be late, classes start in a few minutes, and mine has a test in the first hour already." She said right before she opened the door and got out.
We got to school in time, even a few minutes earlier, Ukraine rushed into her class, while I stayed at the front of the main gate waiting for the bell ring. Right after another country approached me from behind. I instantly turned around to see that it was China, a good friend of mine.
"Did I scared you? Teheh!" China asks.
"Do you really think I'd get scared of you? I know your face is hella ugly but I don't get scared of stupid stuff like you" I answerd.
"Well- DAMN, good morning to you too I GUESS--" China sais with an offended expression.
"Ahah, just kidding, you're not that stupid anyway, but you're still pretty ugly, good morning though." I replied
He rolls their eyes and then get back looking at me.
But before they could say anything I asked: "China...aren't in the same class as my sister Ukraine?"
"The "Sunflower girl"?" He asks.
"Yeah, that one" I answered.
"Shì de, I'm with her" He affirms.
"She said that at the first hour your class have a test already, shouldn't you go and review whatever the test is about? For safety?" I asked again, then they giggle, and I get confused.
"Hihihi, no need to worry Ru, I'm good, and I don't need review in anything!" He replied.
"Alright, if you say so..." I said.
We kept talking untill it was time for everyone to get in their classes, me and China had to split since we weren't in the same class, but we agreed that we'll meet again in front of his class after the test.
I was in class with other people, people really fear me there, but I actually don't understand if I am the MOST respected here since a girl named Canada is in my same class, she doesn't show aggression towards others, and is always there to help anyone, I kinda think that people just treats her good just because she comes from a powerful family, which is part USA too...the so considered hero of WWll. "Yeah, it's just luck for her, I bet that if she wasn't part of that family her life would be a total hell" I thought while sitting. "People worship her so much, even teachers, maybe if I befriend her it'll be easier to skip classes" I thought, but I never had direct contact with her and that would be weird.

*2 hours later*

It was finally time for the break time and right as soon as the bell rang, I got up and went to the bathroom, I washed my face and went to search for China's classroom.
After a few seconds I found it and saw that China was already out.
"Ru-Ru! Over here!" He shouted.
"China! What? Why are you already out of you class? The test-" But before I could finish they instantly reply with: "Uh, yeah, that was easy peasy for me, I'm already done!"
"Uh, you're a big nerd, lol" I teased him.
"I'm just clever, you dumb head!" He said.
We started insulting each other for like half of the break time and then even started chasing after each other, for how much people tried to stop us we kept going.
Untill I tripped and landed on someone.
"I'm sorry-" A soft voice said, as I opened my eyes and saw a femmine figure.

Fuck, it was Canada.

I instantly got up and checked everything around.
"A-AH, damn it!" I said covering my mouth while going away, I didn't have strength to say anything else in that moment.
"I said I was sorry..." She said in a worried and also a saddish tone. Aww, fuck, the guilt after that...
Right after I turned the corner China appeared.
"Did you just assaulted her??" He instantly asked.
"Wha- NO! It was an accident!" I replied.
"Then why did you left her there? Her head literally hit the wall and the floor because of you, no man does that to a lady!" He said.
"Cut it Chin-Chin! It was an accident, that's it!" I replied again.
Right after that the bell rang and we had to go in our classes.
When we got there we waited for the teacher to come, after he arrived we greeted him and sat back, except for Canada, that raised her hand.
"Yeah Canada? What it is?" The teacher said.
"Yes, sorry, but may I ask permission to go out for a few minutes, please?" She asked.
"Of course, but get in class right after you're done" He answered.
"Thanks and I will" She said, then she went out of the class and left...
"Ugh, she always have permission from everyone even without reason explanation..." I thought to myself.
But then I raised my hand till the teacher gave me permission to talk.
"What it is?" He asked.
"I need the bathroom, may I go out too, please?" I replied.
"Why?" He asked again.
"Well, to do the stuff you need to do in a bathroom?" I answered sarcastically, then heard giggles from my classmates.
"No, why didn't you go when there was the break?" He specify.
"Looks like I need to do it now, and I didn't before." I said.
"No, you can't." He said.
"But I need it! Why I can't?" I replied.
"It's just an excuse to skip, and I know it cause you always do it, Russia." He answered.
"But please!" I kept insisting for a few minutes until he finally let me.
When he gave me permission I instantly got up and left the classroom, "Ugh, finally out..." I thought, that teacher is really strict, but I'd always find a way to skip. I grabbed my phone to check the time, but before I could see it I heard a *thump!*, I freezed for a second and heard a voice, I got worried cause I thought that it was a teacher, but no, the voice sounded nothing like any of the teachers in our school.
"Ah, shoot, I'm stuck-" the voice said. I could hear that it was from the other hallway, so I quietly kept walking and hid behind the corner...
I couldn't recognize the face at first look, but the hat was really familiar, that coonskin hat is always worn by Canada...but why she should sneak out from the window? That's not something that the model student does, anyway I got my phone and started recording, to see what would happen, but as soon as she turns around she sees me and I see her, and realize that it was actually her...Canada is trying to sneak out from the window...
I was so surprised, I stopped the recording and completely showed myself. The moment was so awkward, we were both frozen in place, the silence was so loud.

 The moment was so awkward, we were both frozen in place, the silence was so loud

"..."
"..."
"...You...Y-you didn't s-saw a-anyth-thing..." She stutters.
"Don't say shit, I saw everything..." I replied.
"Oh god..." She whispers.
I instantly got so confident, I've caught the model student sneaking out...this will be fun...
"So...Canada...what's with the sneaking out, huh?~" I asked.
"Please...don't say it to anyone..." She replied slowly getting down the boxes.
"Hell no! I finally got you! You're just a little liar that acts cute and friendly just to manipulate others...the whole school needs to know it, so...what to say about it?~" I said.
"Don't make it a tragedy, I'm not the only one that is sneaking out now...what are you doing here?" She said.
"Oh...look at this little bastard, trying to move the fault to me, I was just going to the bathroom..." I answered.
"The closest bathroom is in the other way, you didn't have to come all the way here, and...c-come on...nobody's gonna believe you..." She replied.
"Yeah, sure~" I showed her the video that I've got, and I instantly saw the fear in her eyes.
"I- When did you get it?" She asked.
"A few minutes ago, crazy right? People will hate you so much after this..." I said while replaying the video.
"Oh, dear...no no no..." She covered her face but right after grabs me by the arm, with a more determined look and sais: "What did I ever do to you?".
"Hm? Nothing, but that won't stop me from saying the truth..." I said.
Canada slowly let go my arm, looking like she was about to give up and accept her fate...until I continued my phrase: "...unless!". Her eyes got wide.
"U-unless what?" She asked.
"Unless you'll do something for me...~" I replied.
"I- I don't like that look..." She said.
"Oh oh? Little sheep is scared, aww~" I said in a sarcastic way. "Anyway..." I continued. "It would be so great if you'd actually do me a favor."
"What is it...? I don't bully or beat up, I won't do weird 'stuff' either..." She replied.
"Oh don't worry...it's nothing...just want you to become my friend." I said.
"OH HELL NAW- Wait- what??" She replied really confused.
"Be my friend and I won't show the video to anyone." I said.
"Wha- I- HUH??" She kept getting more confused by my request, until I explained.
"You see, teachers and students trust you very much, they let you go out without explanations, you can use everyone's stuff cause you're "responsable"...if people know that we're friends, and you request stuff for me they'll think that I'm responsible too and can do whatever I want, just like you..." I explained.
"That isn't befriending...that's just using me..." She said.
"So? I never said that we would have been true friends, that's stupid, but people will think that we're friends so nobody suspects, unless you want me to show everyone what you do in the dark..." I replied.
"You're literally black mailing me...that's not cool..." She pointed out.
"Well? What are you gonna do? I still have this~" I said while replaying the video.
She stayed still for a few seconds, avoiding eye contact with me, but then she sighs and then looks at me.
"Fine...but don't abuse of me and my privileges too much..." She said.
"Oh oh! That's what I wanted to hear! This is gonna be fun. Now you gotta help me out whenever I need cause...that's what good friends do...right?~" I replied patting her head. "Now I gotta go back in class, and you can finish whatever you were doing, as long as you keep our "friendship" standing." I said while heading back to class...

I could see Canada's worried look as I turned the corner