༻Chapter 8༺

Under the willow tree

Russia's POV
I was playing football with Canada's little brothers.
As the oldest in the game I had to go very gentle and careful, I didn't want to like...step on someone since they're all very small and I could literally kill some of them if I kicked too hard.
At every match we would re-do the teams, and the kids would always argue just to have me in their team. Everytime a discussion woul start Canada would come and help clear the situation, she suggested to do a 'rock, paper, scissors' match, and who would win would have me in their team. And after solving this, and many other problems, she would just go back sitting on a bench near, reading a book peacefully.
I kept playing until I was tired. I decided to take a break and went sitting with Canada.

"So...how's life?" She asked. I turned to her in slight surprise for the question.
"U-um...fine I guess..." I responded.
"Have you solved the problem with your sisters? Oh! Sisters and brother." She said closing the book.
"Well...not really...it's still pretty hard to handle stuff lately...but maybe, MAYBE, stuff are getting better." I replied.
"Oh? Great to hear it!" She said gently smiling.
"Yeah...today they let me come here with them...tho...I've lost track and also them in the forest, luckily you came and helped me out." I replied.
"Oh? So they might be searching for you right now, maybe you should go and search for them as well." She said.
"Well...I guess I can do that...but it's better not, I realized just today that I know only 30% of this huge park, and this one side is part of the other 70%, so if I go alone I might get lost again, so...y'know..." I responded.
She giggled covering her mouth and then got back at talking to me: "Heh...have you attempted to call them tho?".
"I have no credit at the moment, so I can't." I replied.
"Oh? So you literally went to a park that you barely explored, decided to enter the side that is unknown to you without phone credit? So no way of contacting your sisters if getting lost? I don't know what else you could do to be more silly than this! Ahah!" She replied jokingly.
"Yo, chill, I didn't know that I'd get lost-" I also said jokingly.

We started to talk together and joke around with each other while Canada's little brothers kept playing.

"Be careful you all! I don't have any intention to go again in the lake and get back the ball!" Canada said to them.
"Again?" I said turning to her. She giggled and after all the little kids said all together a long "Yeah", an old lady came by.
We both looked up and tried to understand what the old lady wanted.

"Is...there anything we can do for you...?" I asked unsure.
"So...how long have you been in a relationship sweethearts?" The old lady asked. We both freezed for the weird question, I didn't know what to reply to this. Canada started to stutter and after a few tries she finally managed to say something.
"H-he's gay..." She said. I flinched in surprise for what she just said, while the old lady had the look of someone that didn't expected it.
"O-oh! My bad...! Ahah..." The old lady said while going away.
After the old lady went away I turned to Canada, with an hella embarrassed look, and said: "D-do I look so homo to you!?".
She sighted and with an also embarrassed look she giggled as she puts her hand on my shoulder.
"Sorry...but I panicked and didn't know what to say...ahah!" She replied.
I was red on the face and also had an offended expression.
"He-hey...! There's nothing wrong with being gay!" She said giggling.
"I know...but...you know what? I doubt that the lady though that I was the one non-hetero...maybe it would have been better if you said that you were the one lesbo!" I said jokingly.
She looked at me with a pretty confused look and replied: "I-I'm not lesbian!...But I'm not straight either...ngh...why choosing when you can love everyone!?".
I looked at her with a surprised expression.
"Nice coming out Can-Can...heh!" I said patting her head.
"Sorry...I panicked again..." She responds adorably.

We started to tease each other at this point, and after laughs and insults I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket.
Someone was calling me and after I got my phone I saw that it was Belarus.
"My sister's calling me, mind if I...?" I asked while pointing my phone. She nodded to give me permission to answer. I got up and answered the call.
"RUSSIA! ARE YOU ALIVE!??" Belarus instantly screamed as soon as I answered.
"Yeah, yeah...I'm alive..." I responded.
"Oh thank goodness...I'm so sorry for leaving you behind! We've been searching for you for almost 4 hours now! Where are you!?" She asked still panicked.
"Sis...listen chill...I'm fine, a friend of mine luckily was there to rescue me and guide me through the park. Tho, I currently don't know where am I now." I replied.
"What? What do you mean you don't know where you are!?" Belarus exclaimed.
"Yeah, I've got to play with the little brothers of my friend." I said.
"Oh? And when do you have intention to come back to us...?" She asked.
"I don't know...maybe now? I'll ask her if she can help me find you." I answered.
"She...?" She replied confused.
"Um...'she' is my friend..." I said.
"Alright...where do you want to meet...?" She asked.
"We can meet to the willow tree." I replied.
"Okay! See you there then!" She concluded and hang up.