༻Chapter 14༺

Valentine's letters

Russia's POV
It was new year now.
I did party with my friends and watched the fireworks, but somehow I felt like I wasn't, somehow, ready for the new year.
It's been awhile since me and Canada last talked and seen each other. For the whole winter break I had no news about her, I tried to text and call her, but she just leaves me at sent. I was worried, I gotta admit it, I hoped she was alright...
I tried to ask to a few other people in my class about her, but nothing, nobody knows what happened to Canada. I wanted to contact USA, her brother, too, but I gave in since I was pretty sure that he wouldn't answer me or tell me the truth.

I decided to do not think about it and so I went on with the new year.
Once the winter break was over I had to get back at school and once there I started to look for Canada a bit with my friends. For a few days she didn't come tho.
Nobody in the whole school knew what happened to her, and at that point the feeling of worry started to grow stronger in my chest making me feel worse and worse everyday. I didn't know why I felt that way, I just knew that I hated it.
My friends would always try to calm me down, to make me forget about it; for some time they managed to, but I'd always get back to overthinking.

January was over now, and February started.
Everywhere I go, I just see couples preparing for Valentine's day...my friends too.
I was so annoyed and I was begging for it to stop, I still had to wait 14 days till Valentine's period ends and I already had the urge to shoot myself in the mouth.
Everyone were being lovey dovey except for China, that didn't have any plan for Valentine's day as he doesn't have a specific person attracted to. They were the only one I could talk to without starting a conversation about love, crushes, ect...
We'd always meet up at the front gate 5 minutes before school, it was like this everyday and I was already starting to forget about Canada, until China notices her a bit far away from us.
He told me and pointed towards her, when I turned around to see if it was true I saw her coonskin hat.
I grabbed China by their arm and ran towards her, since we weren't the only one to greet her we struggled to get past the crowd, but once we managed to get close enough to her I accidentally screamed her name, making both, Canada and China flinch.

"I...sorry, Canada...? You're back, finally!" I said after calming down.
"Oh. Yeah, hi." Canada greeted me back, and as soon as she did she started to walk again. Why so dry?
I let go China's arm grabbing Canada's instead. She turned around worried and avoiding eye contact.
"Canada...? Why didn't you answer all my texts and calls? I almost got worried-" I said but then China interrupted me saying: "He was desperate!".
I gave China an annoyed look for a second and then went back to look at Canada. She was silent, still looking away from us and I could feel her arm shaking. I slowly let go of her hoping that I wasn't the cause of it.
"I'm...sorry. My phone broke." She replied going away.
I stood there with China close to me, both confused and worried. Right after India, Vietnam and North Korea came by.
"RUSSIA! CANADA IS BACK-...uh...is everything okay?" Vietnam said approaching us.
"We know..." China replied.
"O-oh? Did you talked to her yet?" Vietnam asked.
"Well...yeah, but seems like Canada didn't really felt to have a conversation with us..." China answered.
"Oh...? Why? What happened? Russia, are you okay...?" North Korea asked. I turned to them with a doubtful look.
"Russia...?" Vietnam called out my name worried.
"I...India, are you sure you know nothing about what happened to Canada?" I asked.
"I told you! I don't live anymore with her and the rest of the family, I would've told you what happened if I knew it, I know how much you take care of her..." He replied.
"Ugh...did I do something?" I murmured to myself.
"Russia, what happened...?" Vietnam asked.
"I don't know, I feel like she's trying to avoid talking to me, not only because she won't answer to my texts...she said that her phone broke, but also because she's suddenly so dry with me." I said.
"Not to talk about how the first thing she did after she greeted you was to walk away." China pointed out.
"It must be her brother, he prolly said her to avoid you." North Korea replied.
"I swear to the Milky Way if it's him once again..." I murmured annoyed.
"Hmm...it's probably that the reason...maybe you should write a letter to her, that's probably the only way you can communicate for now." India suggested.
"I will try..." I concluded.
After that we went into our classes.
Since I was with Canada I quietly got next to her and greeted her a few times, but seems like she couldn't hear me as there were too many noises, and also couldn't see me as she kept her sight on the floor. I didn't bother her.