༻Chapter 11༺

Christmas struggle

Russia's POV
It was Tuesday morning, and we were having law and constitution. The night before I was able to sleep a decent amount of hours so I decided that I was going to be productive today, but when I tried to take notes the teacher was going way to fast for me, so I couldn't keep up and decided to give up. I sighted annoyed throwing my pen on the notebook. I looked around and saw Canada on the other side of the class taking notes carefully and keeping up with the velocity, as the great model student of course she did...

Once the hour was over I stand up and went out of the class to go and see China. Once together we started to chat.
"I'm not sure if I am going to pass this year honestly, I'm struggling so much and my grades are so shitty..." I said but when I turned to China I saw that they were looking to the other side. "Hey, are you listening to me!?" I said.
"O-oh! Yeah...maybe you should start to work harder." He replied.
"Hmm..." I muttered.
"Have you decided about Canada anyway?" They asked finally turning to me.
"Uh? What do I have to do with her?" I asked back confused.
"The bal! Are you going to invite her?" He replied.
"What!? Me? Why would I ever invite her and why she should accept? I don't even know if she likes me or nah." I responded.
"I thought that the conversation with the Nordics yesterday made you think about it, just as friends anyway, right...?" They answered.
"I never said I'd actually invite her! I don't even like her either!" I exclaimed.
"Hmm...I'm not sure about it after what you said yesterday." China said winking at me and giving me a nudge on my arm.
"What? About the breakfast? Tsk...that isn't something I wanted tho..." I replied.
"But you can at least try man!" He encouraged me.
"Agh...she'll never accept moron! Now shut up..." I responded annoyed.

He kept doing it for the rest of the week and I kept refusing.
It was Friday now, the Christmas bal was going to be tomorrow and I didn't know if I should've go or not. China and all my other friends will, the Nordics too, but I honestly didn't have motivation, it's nonsense for me anyway, I celebrate Christmas in the 7th of January.

"Come on! It'll be fun! Russia, you don't need to celebrate it, you can see it just as a moment to chill and party with your friends!" India said.
"I don't know Dia...I don't like people lately..." I replied.
"Ahh...you're that kind of person that is like: 'Eww, people', but you don't have to spend time with people either anyway, you can just stay with me, China, N.K., Vietnam, ect..." India pointed out.
"Isn't Vietnam going to ask a girl out?" I asked.
"Oh yeah...I forgot about that...well, we might not have her but there's still the rest of the idiots, don't you think?" He responded.
I sighted not knowing what to reply, but then I just accepted: "Alright...I'll come...".
"Finally! But...are you coming with someone or..." India asked.
"I don't know...y'know...it's been the whole week that China has been encouraging me to ask this girl out..." I responded sighing once again.
"Oh? So you're going to ask her?" He replied.
"You want me to be 100% honest?...I don't know...she's somehow cute...funny...kind...I like her...platonically of course, plus China is really convincing...so I might...try...?" I quietly said.
"Yeah...Chi-Chi can be like that...and sure! You rarely talk good about people, so you must like this girl very much!...But, do you mind telling me who is this 'she'?" He curiously asked.
I took another deep breath and got closer to him to whisper her name: "Canada...the model student...y'know...?".
Right after I said is I stepped back to see India's expression, which was some sort of mix between surprise and discomfort, he looked demoralized...
"Is...something wrong...?" I asked worried.
"Russia...Canada is my sister..." He quietly responded.
I freezed in place at the unexpected news, I never thought that they were related. "Wait...What??" I exclaimed.
"Russia...Canada and me are siblings, or well...step-siblings, we have the same father!" He replied.
"I- no! Wait- I didn't know! I'm sorry-" I stuttered not knowing what to say, I was worried that he was mad at me, but then he started to smile, in a comforting way.
"Chill bro! There's no need to panic like this, I'm honestly cool with it! I know that we're friends but I wouldn't mind if you took my sister to a date. Why? Because of the description you made of her! You know, as Canada's brother it's painful to hear other people talking about her body in a pervert way, it's just disgusting how people sexualize her for her 'privileges', and trust me...it often happens. But I saw that you used adjectives far more different from the ones that I've heard from her past 'admirers', 'cute'...'funny'...'kind'...loved 'em all! If you'll keep being respectful towards my sister Canada you can even marry her for me! Eheh!" India lightly said.
"Ah...sorry to hear that..." I replied.
"Yeah...people can be disgusting, no wonder why you hate 'em. Oh! And by the way...I said that I am cool with it, but if you do end up asking her and she accepts you two still better be careful...remember that our families are...not in a very good relationship...I'm not so attached to them anymore so I'm more free than her, but since she is still under our parents control...if they find it out she'll end up into...a lot...of drama and pain..." He warned me.
I got surprised, I never saw India looking this serious, so I just nodded, I was more than convinced that India wasn't joking at all, so it was better if I followed what he said. Afterwards India's phone started to ring, he obviously answered it and right after he gave me a 'I have to go' look, so I nodded once again, and he went away.
I was alone now, I didn't know what to do. China isn't here because he's absent for today.
I decided to just go around the school, and while going I saw Canada, she was with many other people, all talking with her at the same time, so I doubt that she noticed me. My heart started to race, probably because of the idea of asking her out, why would I even be nervous? It's supposed to be a friendly date...nothing more, but why I feel my chest heavy? I don't feel anything for her...right...?