༻Chapter 6༺

Sister, sister, brother, sister...

Russia's POV
It was Saturday and I woke up at 8 am.
The first thing I did when completely up was checking my phone, I didn't have any particular notification so I instantly closed it. I layed in bed, don't know what to do.

I decided to get up and go out of my room to check on my siblings.
Once in the living room I saw Belarus on the couch using her phone, I got closer and once close enough I screamed.

"SPIDER!!".
"GAHH!! WHERE!?" She jumped on the back of the couch.
"Bahahahah! FOOL!" I said laughing.
"You idiot...you scared me for a second!" She replied annoyed, getting off from the back.
"Ahah...good morning anyways." I said stretching.
"Yeah...morning..." She said back still annoyed.
"So...whatcha doing?" I asked.
"Hmm...nothing much...just surfing on the internet...what do you want for breakfast?" She replied. I looked at her, a bit in confusion for the instant mention of the breakfast. I thought about what I should've said in that moment. I turned around to look around me.
"Thanks...but I'm not hungry..." I said slowly getting back at looking at her.
"Russia...you didn't eat much yesterday...that's not good...just because of a little drama you skipped dinner! You know that Ukraine said that just...because she cares about you...somehow...? I'm pretty sure she said that to warn you...as the oldest sister she has more experience...!" She replied with determination, while I stood there...looking at her, didn't know what to reply to what she said...right after the feeling of guilt started growing, hurting my chest, the breathing got harder...
She kept looking at me with her sweet purple eyes...that gave a nostalgic feeling, which I couldn't understand. Belarus sighed and kept talking with a more comforting tone: "Brother...I'm so sorry...I know life's been hard since our father's death, but-".
"Please don't mention him..." I interrupted her. "It's just that I've lost appetite these days...I don't know why, I'm just not hungry..." I said, then I headed back to my room.

When I was about to open the door another one of my sisters came and bumped into me, it was Georgia, one of the middle ones.
"დილა..."(Morning...) She said annoyed.
"Утро..."(Morning...) I replied as much as annoyed. She never liked me and always has been on Ukraines side.

In the past I've always tried to fix our problematic bond, but somehow...she won't forgive me...I gotta admit it, I was a horrible brother towards her in the past but she really refuses to move on. She's always with two of my other sisters, Armenia and Azerbaijan, all three have been "traumatized" by me all in different ways when we were younger, all three despise me. They refuse to get emotionally too close to me, so they stay away from me most of the time, right now I'm only able to see them in the morning and night...
I kinda think that it's because of Ukraine too...she's the one that had to take care of our family after our father's death, like Belarus said, as the oldest sibling she has many responsibilities on her back.
Ukraine hates me with all her heart for what I did in the past...and I did tried to become better to make her forgive me...the problem is that she moves on very slowly too.
She seems to be kinda overprotective towards our other siblings, especially the little Baltic sisters, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania; they're the youngest sisters, and with this it's pretty easy to understand why.
I honestly used to love and care about these three, we had that wholesome "brother-sisters love bond", and that made me really happy...until our father's death, again...our relationship started to go down hill, they started to ignore me and tried to interact with me the less way possible. I can't say I didn't started to feel very bad, but I couldn't do anything, Ukraine won't let me "hurt" them. Same story with my brother Kazakhstan, as the third child, he's one of the oldest, after Ukraine and me, he's kind of protective towards our little sisters too, especially with the ones by his side...Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Tajikistan...all younger sisters of course. Kazakhstan doesn't do this because I did something to him...but it's because our father did...since he's trans...but this is another story...
He just wants to give our little sisters a good child and teenage hood, a bit like what Ukraine wants to give to the others, when they couldn't get it.
The only sister that isn't here now is Moldavia, she ran away few years ago, when our father was still alive, we lost her for a long period, all because of the stress and pressure our family was going through, she couldn't handle all that toxicity and decided to ran away from home. After our father died she decided to show up back to us before leaving again, and went to live somewhere else. I still see her sometimes at school, but I never had the opportunity to talk to her.
All my sisters and brother don't want anything to do with me, my only family left refuses me in anything...except Belarus...
Belarus is one of the youngest, but old enough to understand what is going on. She seems to respect and love me even though all the horrible stuff I did. I love her so much back and I doubt that I'd still be alive till this day if she wasn't here...
Ukraine and the others tried to warn her multiple times, saying all the bad things I could've done...but she really refuses to leave me. No one has been so caring and kind like her towards me, but hm...

...I heavily doubt that it'll last long...

I wanted to stop the thought of this problematic family honestly, but somehow this is something that kinda worries and upsets me, even though I don't show it.
"Who cares...they might be my family biologically but I still despise them...who...cares..." I said to myself.
I have great friends, a great 'social class', but I didn't have a family...and that's sad...

I was in my room, sitting on the edge of my bed. I got up and went changing into something else, I wanted to go out today.
I hoped that China wasn't mad at me anymore after what I did yesterday, I wanted to talk to someone, and for now he's the closest friend I have.
I texted them to see if he'd respond, after I wrote and sent the message I saw that they were online, he viewed it...but they didn't reply...

"I guess he's still mad...I'll wait till they'll calm down then..." I said to myself. I closed the chat with China and went outside the house.
It was 8:45 am.
I had so much time and I honestly didn't know what to do, so I took out my earphones and started to listen to music while going on a stroll. I decided to go to my favorite spot of the city, the Willow tree in the park.
Once I got to the park I saw the fountain, it was very pretty but also very crowded, so I decided to avoid it. The Willow tree was a bit further but way more quiet.
I walked for 15 minutes more and I could already see the tree, when finally there I headed towards the bench underneath it.
I couldn't describe the feeling, how it felt so good after these days of stress. The lake was so calm, grass so soft and sky so clean, I loved it.

After taking a few breathes I checked my phone to see if China answered me, but no...he didn't.
I didn't know what to do now.
I stayed there for a few minutes more looking at the nature around me and sometimes checking my phone for new notifications, then I started to get bored, so I decided to get up and go around the park, even because a family with kids were coming this way and I was pretty sure they were going to have a picnic or some 'family time', so I left, I didn't want to hear shitty kids screaming. I hate those...
Anyway I went around and did what I could do to distract myself.
I kept walking around until I saw Canada with the corner of my eye, I turned around to see her with a bunch of kids running around her, they all looked alike so it was probable that they were all brothers, but why Canada was with them?
I wanted to approach her, but then another country came to me from behind, I turned around and saw that it was China.

"Hey..." He said.
"Wha- what? Why a-are you here? You didn't texted me don't you? Cause I didn't receive anything-" I said.
"No...I didn't, you did...you said that you were sorry for leaving me and asked me if I wanted to come at the park with you." They replied.
"O-oh yeah...I was bored so yeah, we could've done some activities..." I affirmed.
"I'm still in time right...? I've forgiven you for what you did yesterday so I guess it's fine to pretend it never happened!" He said.
"Yeah!" I exclaimed.
"Alright! Wanna go to the fountain? There's some cool stuff happening there!" They said pulling my arm.

I moved a little bit following him, but then I remembered that I wanted to approach Canada so I froze for a second, they turned around confused and asked: "...something's wrong...?".
"W-wait...I-" I wanted to reply but then I rethought about it, I don't think that refusing him to spend time with someone else was a good idea. Who cares about Canada anyway. "Uh, nothing...come on, let's go see what's happening at the fountain place." I replied instead.
They nodded and went on so I followed him. I turned around to see if Canada was still there, and she was, but was starting to go to the opposite way already, I ignored it...since I was going to see her Monday anyway.
Me and China went around the city for the rest of the day, we ate outside, then I had to go back to my house before Ukraine could lock me out, so I had to leave him at the park afterwards.

Once I entered the apartment, I closed the door, turned around and saw Ukraine, with a serious look.
"Where have you been?" She asked.
"What...?" I replied confused.
"Where. Have. You. Been." She re-asked.
"None of your business." I said while starting to head in my room, but before I could surpass her she blocked me by putting her arm in front of me, I tried to get past by lowering me to go under but she lowered her arm too. I slightly started to get pissed off, I sighted annoyed and stepped back.
"What?..." I said looking at her, annoyed as much as her.
"Tell me where have you been...! It's not so hard, you just need to say the name of a place, god damnit!" She insisted.
"The park, nothing much, now leave me alone." I said surpassing her.
"You better start to get yourself together, your school status is in danger and I'm not going to pay it, you're going to..." She said while I was walking away.

"Like I could give a fuck about anything..." I thought to myself.