༻Chapter 10༺

Soft spot

Russia's POV
I was lively talking with Canada, even though I had few thoughts in my mind I mainly focused on her.
We didn't paid attention to the time so when she got her phone out she stood up and exclaimed: "HOLY SHRIMP, IT'S ALREADY THAT LATE!? OH DEAR!".
I got scared when she screamed, slightly flinching and started to look at her in confusion.
"Huh?? What time it is?" I asked.
"A quarter to 9!" She anxiously answered.
I stood there, calculated for a few seconds, then stand up too panicking: "FUCK, I'M LATE TOO!".
The other people in the cafe were staring at us is confusion when we just ran out of the place together.
When we got out Canada stopped and looked around.
"I have to go this way! If I run I think that I can make it just in time for the visit...how about you??" She asked.
I freezed for a second remembering that I was lost. "And now...?" I thought to myself.
"Russia...? A-are you okay...?" She asked worried.
"School...I'm lost..." I quietly said.
"Wha-...? Didn't you have something to attend to before going to school...?" She asked again.
"I...lied...I-I'm sorry, it's just that I took the wrong train and got here-, it's a long story..." I embarrassedly responded.
"Ah...it's okay, I can help you, I can suggest you an app to download on your phone, it'll guide you through the-"
"I can't, I don't have my smartphone right now." I said before she could conclude.
"Huh!? Why!?" She exclaimed.
"Long story." I said again.
"Alright, listen here..." She replied while taking out a piece of paper and a pen from her school bag and started to write. "I'll write you here...the list of the means of transport to take...and the indications...to get to school...there!" She concluded finishing to write and handing me the list.
"Thanks, I love your hand writing." I randomly complemented her, she was putting away the pen while doing so and freezed for a second when she heard that, but kept going right after.
"You should've said that you were lost before, and not take me to a breakfast date or something, now you're going to be late of an hour at school, the headmaster isn't going to be happy..." She said after standing up.
"Uhh...you said you were hungry so...and I was also hungry too...who cares, thanks anyway, now go, or you'll be late for your visit too." I replied.
"A-AH! Right! I forgot! Thanks! See you later!" She said already starting to quickly heading towards her direction, while I waved back at her I was going to mine.
I walked around to search for the trains to take and after 15 minutes I finally got to destination.

It was 09:02 when I got out of the train station, so I decided to run for the rest of the path, which saved me 5 minutes. I was still late, obviously, when I got in and knocked at the door of my classroom and opened it.
The whole class was starting at me, the teacher too.
"Good morning...sorry for being late..." I quietly said while slowly entering the room.
"Russia..." The teacher sighted. "Are you entering just now?".
"Yes..." I replied.
"Why are you so late? Do you realize how late you are!?" She asked annoyed.
"Yeah...yeah...I know...I just got a little problem..." I responded annoyed as well.
"Ugh...this will be noted, Russia, this behavior is not acceptable...! Now go to your seat..." The teacher said while starting to write it down.
I went to my seat and took a few breathes, got my stuff out and took my jacket off before sitting, but then, by doing so, I realized I still had Canada's scarf around my neck. I forgot to give it back.
I decided to keep it around my neck to make sure nothing would've happened to it, on it there was a maple leaf decor, so I hid it before anyone noticed it, and then I sat on my seat.
The lesson started and I had to spend the whole class with Canada's smell around my neck, it kept me awake and made me feel very weird, i felt like she was close to me, very close...
For the rest of the hour some of my classmates asked me why I came so late, but I didn't actually tell anyone what really happened, I just said that I got a little problem.

The hour ended and immediately I went out of the class as soon as the bell rang, I went to China's section and looked for him. They were still in, talking to Japan until I greeted him from the entrance, they turned around and once saw me he waved at Japan and went towards me.
"Russia! Where have you been!? I've been waiting for you! I texted and called you, even your sisters did, but you never answered!" They exclaimed.
"Okay, okay, calm down Chin-Chin, let me slowly explain it to you..." I said, after a few minutes of explaining he started to understand; I explained them why I didn't have my phone, how I got lost, and why I came this late.
"So...Canada...? The model student helped you out?" He asked.
"Yes...she did." I responded.
"But you came late cause you both got distracted during the breakfast date..." They said.
"I...wouldn't call it a 'date'...but yeah..." I replied.
"And the scarf? Since when you had a scarf with a maple leaf on it?" He asked pointing at it. I noticed that the decoration showed up again so I carefully hid it again.
"Yeah...um, this is her's...I wasn't feeling good in that moment so she gave me this to cover myself up a bit more..." I replied finishing adjusting it.
"Aww...that's so cute! She gave you her scarf and helped you out, and you offered the breakfast! I didn't know you had a soft spot for the model student, Ru-Ru! I never thought you'd actually offer and spend your own money for someone else!" They exclaimed.
"Shut up! Me? Having a soft spot for that...thing!? Tsk-" I replied then got closer and whispered: "Don't tell it to anyone...alright!? I never liked her and never will...so there's no need to make others think that I do!".
"What's wrong with it anyway? The model student is one of the most loved girls in the school, pretty, kind and clever! She's all true wife material!...and no lie, almost everyone in this school had at least a lil crush on her...me too." He said winking at me. I looked at them in surprise, I didn't expected him to be someone that can be attracted to Canada.
"W-wait? Really...? Woah, I didn't expect that from you honestly, but no...I am someone that has picky tastes when it's about partner...and she's not my type, that's it." I replied slightly annoyed.
"Alright...you do you." He concluded rolling his eyes.