༻Chapter 16༺

School fight

Russia's POV
I was at school eating some meringues with China during the break.
After a while Vietnam and North Korea came by and joined us.
"Russia? About Canada, how is it going?" Vietnam asked.
"Hm? Good, why?" I answered.
"I just wanted to check. Canada not talking to you seemed to have affected you a lot." Vietnam announced.
I started to stare at her in annoy and silence. I didn't know what to reply anymore, people talked to me like Canada is my everything.
"What? That's true though...right guys?" Vietnam said.
"Yeah...in my eyes you were pretty worried and desperate. You never notice when someone ignores you, but seems like Canada's word has a special place in your heart." North Korea explained.
"For real Ru...I don't know why you keep denying it. You MUST like Canada, platonically or romantically it doesn't matter. It's obvious that you somehow established a connection with her." China added.
I was chewing a meringue in that moment while listening to their points, once done I sighed and looked at them.
Maybe it was time to tell them.

"Well...you really wanna know the reason why?" I questioned.
"Why...? There's a reason of why you're like this with her?" Vietnam asked.
I nodded.
Right after Cuba and Laos also came by waving.
"Hey! What's going on here?" Laos greeted.
"So much gossip, Russia is about to tell us why she likes Canada." North Korea announced.
"Oh! Well...she's pretty, she's smart, she's kind...there are many valid reasons to like her! Heh!" Cuba suggested.
"No- I- hmm...our friendship isn't an actual one..." I said.
"What do you mean?" Vietnam asked.
"I don't know if I should really say it..." I mumbled.
"Come on! Don't keep us in suspense!" North Korea encouraged.
"I...well, I'm black mailing her at the moment so now she's my little puppet...not an actual friend..." I said.
"Huh...? Black mailing her about what?" Laos asked.
"I can't say it...I promised to do not say what she did unless she refuses to help me, and I keep promises." I answered.
"Well now we want to know!" North Korea insisted.
"Uh...sorry guys, I love you but I'm not going to say it." I replied shaking my head.
"U-umm...can you at least tell me? I wanna know!" North Korea demanded.
"I said no! I confessed you this and this is enough, this was supposed to make you understand that me and Canada are just not-actual-friends with benefits...well, probably one sided, but still not a couple." I announced.
"Was it bad what she did tho?" North Korea kept asking.
"Holy ffffff-...yyyeeeeeeesss..." I replied.
"Damn...I actually thought you liked her...well, nevermind then...guess you're still the same." China murmured.
I stayed silent after that, we all did. I didn't know if what China said was bad or good, probably bad tho. Am I really that heartless? He said it like I've always took advantage of others.

After a while, with the corner of my eye I saw America quickly passing by, I didn't turn around, I looked at Vietnam and remembered what China told me some time ago.
She was friends with him, because she beat him in a fight...right?
I wasn't sure, so I guess it was time to ask her.
Laos and Cuba went to the bathroom and China and North Korea were talking, I grabbed Vietnam's attention but waving a hand in front of her since she seemed to have zoned out.

"Hm?" Vietnam humbled turning to me.
"Hey Vi-Vi...can I ask you a few questions?" I questioned.
"Sure, what do you need?" She replied.
"You're...friends with the school representative America, right?" I asked.
"U-uh...well, I know that you don't like him but...yeah? I do have a friendly connection with him, but don't worry! I'm loyal! I never told anything about you to him!" She answered convinced.
"Yeah, don't worry...but like- why?" I said.
"Why what?" She asked.
"Why is he your friend and like...hates me and the rest of us?" I replied.
"Umm...well, it's maybe because I'm...a girl?? Nah...or maybe..." She answered jokingly.
"Is it because you beat him in a fight?" I instantly said right after.
"H-huh?" She stuttered in confusion.
"Vietnam...I heard this old rumor...saying that you were one of the few people to overcome his power..." I added.
"*sigh* Yeah...I'm not hiding it so I don't understand why it's still called 'rumor', plus it's really old; anyways, yes I did beat him but it was like long time ago, when he still wasn't the school representative. I just don't think that this is the reason, tsk- imagine becoming friends with someone just because you don't want them as your enemy anymore." She explained.
"Hm...how's he like? Like- his personality and stuff? Is he kind? A pure asshole?" I asked.
"He is very kind, hell he is. He's studying physiology just to be more understanding in other people, he loves listening to others. He also has a great humor, sometimes bold but will apologize if too mean, and also has a very big affection to Canada, his younger sister...the one...you're black mailing.......Russia...? Are you okay...?" Vietnam slowly interrupted her description after she noticed me my perplexed expression.
I didn't know what to say.
The two descriptions that Vietnam and China gave me are two totally different guys, I was confused, I was way more familiar with China's description but...Vietnam's tho...
"R-Russia! Are you okay? Did I say something bad?" Vietnam exclaimed worried.
"I- is it...all true? Like...huh, I'm very confused at this point." I said.
"Why...? It's...because he's meaner to you or something?" She questioned.
"Yeah...I don't know, maybe...hm, thanks anyways." I replied.