༻Chapter 20༺

Final round

Russia's POV
It was Friday.
I was in the art lab, just came back from the toilet.
The teacher was still explaining what was the project and the situation, while Canada was next to me saying to me stuff from time to time. But I couldn't focus, why? All I had in head was Ukraine confessing in the bathroom of having a fucking crush on Canada.
I was quiet all the time, I'd giggle from time to time, but then I'd just get back thinking about earlier.

"Russia? Are you okay? You've been so quiet since you came back from the toilet, did something happen?" Canada suddenly asked.
"H-huh? I- yeah! I'm...fine..." I responded doubtful.
"Are you sure..? You look slightly tense...do you need to talk?" She quietly questioned.
"No, no! It's nothing, don't worry!...I just...think I heard something I wasn't supposed to..." I responded.
"Gossip? I wanna know!" She replied.
"Uh, yeah, I guess- but, I don't know if I should tell you..." I shyly said.
"What!? Why? Is it something about me? If it is I have all rights to know!" She quietly exclaimed.
I shook my head and said: "No, no! It's nothing bad, don't worry-", but before I could finish she interrupted me with: "But it's still about me!"
"Um- no...?" I slowly answered.
"You're very bad at lying dude. At least tell me who was talking!" She insisted.
"Uhh...I don't know, I didn't see their faces, and I couldn't reconogize the voices." I responded.
"Hm...now I'm worried that it might be someone I know and that is probably a friend of mine..." She explained.
"No, no! I said that it's nothing bad, no need to worry." I repeated.

We went silent after that and just kept listening to the teacher that after a few minutes finished.
We were all finally free, so I stood up and stretched a bit, then I went to another table. Canada was already on it and she was already preparing the stuff for the research.
"Yo, Candy, calm down, we just finished listening to a long ass explanation and you already want to start to work?" I asked getting close to her.
"We have to start, the work is still a lot and I don't know if the time we have is enough." She replied.
"Geez, you need to calm down. How much time do we have?" I questioned.
"The due date is September 27."
"Oh! That's a lot of time we still have like six months to get it done!"
"And three of them are of vacation, plus we don't know what could happen to us."
"Aw, come on! You are dramatizing the future, the worse that could happen would be that one of us gets sick for a long period of time."
"Yeah, that's possible!"
"Well, voice and video calls exist for a reason."
We laughed it off and so Canada decided to slow down.
She realized that the time we have is more than enough, and that if we organize ourselves we can pull out something good in time.
We stayed in that lab for the whole hour and once the time finished we went back into our class, while that Canada explained me that now that I was part of the project I had to go there every first block of every Friday to work on that, even on the days she would've been absent.

We went on with the upcoming classes, and during the break I'd go to see my friends, as well bringing Canada with me since her brother wasn't around today and she also wanted to meet them.
Canada managed to have nice talks with them, gaining everyone's liking, she really is friendly.
After I talked to them about the project me and Canada were in and all of them already knew about it, infact China was a participant.

"Dude! I never knew you were apart of it!" I exclaimed
"Yeah, sorry...I always forget to tell you guys, heh..." China giggled.
"But we didn't see you in the art lab before." Canada said.
"Well, that's because I had a test during the first hour, so I couldn't come." He answered.
"Oh, how did it go?" She asked.
"I don't know, I guess good, it was very easy for me and I am sure of 99% of my answers, so yeah." He responded, Canada nodded and after that China continued: "Also...I'm surprised that you picked Russia as partner, y'know? I was going to ask him but it would've been very impegnative, knowing Russia..."
"Hey!" I exclaimed annoyed.
"Oh? Don't worry, I'll make him work in any way possible, I have my techniques!~" Canada said smiling and holding my hand. I got slightly flustered but at the same time scared not knowing what she precisely meant.
"U-umm...I think I can work without any threat or...treat...? Ahem...I have a motivation for now, that will surely guide me on doing a nice work!" I slowly replied.
"Money?" China asked.
"Money!" I said right after.
We laughed it off for a while, and once the break over we all went to our classes.