༻Chapter 3༺

Silence must be her way of communication...

*Continuation of "Chapter 2 - "Perfect Plan"*

Russia's POV
For the rest of the hour we went lazing around the school. We talked a lot, tho, the only thing she said about herself is that she had a lot of brothers, which was something I already knew. I talked about my sisters, their personalities, what they like and dislike, fun facts and some more stuff hoping that she'd talk about her family too, but she refused, I don't know anything about her family except their names.

I started to get bored, I've finished all the topics we could talk about, and I still know nothing about her, her relatives, friends...nothing! Even though we're supposed to pretend that we're friends she really is someone...closed towards me...
The silence started, the moment became awkward, and I was pretty sure she wouldn't do anything to avoid it...until a butterfly came in. I instantly saw it so I pointed towards it to break the silence.
"Oh? Look! A butterfly! What are you doing he-".
"A-AH!? WHAT? NO! G-GO AWAY!" Canada screamed. She began to shake her hands in panic, in attempt to chase away the butterfly. I've got worried for a second for her reaction, once the insect went away I tried to stop her, I grabbed her by her wrists and placed her against the wall before she could hit me.
"A-AH!?" She exclaimed.
"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" I said trying to hold her still.
She started to stare at me in silence. After a few seconds I realized how weird was the position I've got us into. I instantly backed off leaving her wrists free.
"Sorry...I didn't meat to overreact..." She apologized.
"Why did you screamed like that? It was just a butterfly..." I asked.
"I know it sounds stupid but, well...I have lepidopterophobia, which is...the fear of butterflies and moths..." She answered in pure embarrassment.
"O-oh...that's...that's an interesting fear, but okay, I guess..." I replied.
"I know! I know...it sounds stupid and weird but I just can't help it..." She said getting more an more embarrassed.
"Yeah...but next time you should just go away from it and not starting to move around like you're break dancing and also having a stroke at the same time, you could have dropped your waffle..." I said.
"Ahah...yeah...thanks for the advice..." She replied.

"Well at least I discovered something new about her..." I thought to myself. It wasn't something that I really expected nor wanted to know but it's a start.
We started to walk again, but instead of talking with her trying to learn more about her personality, I just gave up knowing that she'd never reveal anything to me for now, so I just started using my phone.

"Wanna take a rest? We've been walking for like 30 minutes now...I'm a bit tired..." Canada asked me.
"Yeah, sure, let's sit there." I replied.

We were in the school garden, we sat on a bench under a tree.
The silence came back, the only thing that we could hear was the tapping noise of Canada's shoe against the floor.
I turned to look at her, she was looking to the other side of the garden, don't know at what or why precisely...maybe she saw a squirrel...

"Hey..." I said to get her attention.
"Hm?" She humbled turning towards me.
I sighed and asked: "Are you often that dry with people? You seemed so friendly with others, and now that I talk with you I barely get to know about you...".
"..." She didn't respond.
"Ugh...you know what? You're boring, no wonder why we'll never be actual friends." I said while getting up. She stayed there.

I went inside, I was about to get back in class until I heard a voice.
"Canada! Russia!" It was Philippines voice calling for us.
I hid behind a corner trying to understand what she wanted, even though I was pretty sure that it was the teacher that sent her to look for us...
"The teacher needs Russia!" She announced.
After hearing that I instantly moved and went against a locker making noise. Philippines heard it a got closer, but once she looked I've already went away.
I went in the garden looking for Canada, she was still on the bench, so I ran towards her. I grabbed her arm and went away with her.