༻Chapter 21༺

Just friendship of course

Russia's POV
I was in class after the fight of before.
Almost everyone asked what happened, and I'd always respond in the most superficial way: "I won."
Of course it was obvious, as a lot of people already knew that America was in the nursery, so they'd always ask for more details, I'd answer to most of them but somehow I wasn't the kind of person that likes to tell how fights I ended up in went. Surprisingly, I'm usually not proud when that happens.

For most of the time tho, I thought about China's suggestion, I should've asked help from Philippines, as she was one of the few that could help me and America as connection.
I was almost convinced that I should really do it, after all, stuff were getting really serious, and someone had to do something before it could get worse. And, hate to say it, that someone was probably me.
I was slightly annoyed, yet scared, cause I knew that all the responsibility was going to rely on me.

Two hours went by and the break started, I searched for Philippines. She's always with Indonesia and Malaysia so I looked for them too.
After a few minutes of searching for them I just found Indo and Mal, but not Phil. They were walking together down an hallway. I quickly approached waving, they waved back at me with a bit of doubt.
"Hey...um- what are you doing here? Where's Philippines? I need to talk to her." I asked.
"Uh- we were coming back from the bathroom? And what do you want from Philippines?" Indonesia questioned.
"I just need her for something important, I need to ask her a favour." I replied.
"What though?" Malaysia kept asking.
"Wha- why all these questions?" I responded.
"She's very tired lately so we don't know if she can help you." Indonesia said.
"Oh- it's nothing too impegnative don't worry, I just need to talk with her." I explained.
They looked at each other for a few seconds and then went back looking at me, right after Malaysia said: "We'll come with you, just making sure nothing bad happens."
I slowly nodded and replied with: "Alright...so...where is she?"
"Follow us." They both concluded before starting to walk.
They guided me to a little classroom at the end of a dark hallway which I didn't know of the existence, once entered I looked around and it was empty, well...almost, after I noticed Philippines that was there. She was at the back of the room, sitting with her head laying on the desk.
We slowly got closer, I checked if she was still breathing, I guess she was since I could see slight movements.
"Phil...Phil wake up..." Malaysia whispered.
"Mmmhh..." Philippines moaned as she slowly raised her head. She slightly opened her eyes then blinked two-three times before completely moving her view to us. Her eyes are affected by heterochromia, one is a soft yellow and the other is brown, which are often very bright and playful, but today, they weren't. Under them there were visible eye bags but I pretended I didn't see them and didn't bother asking, her friends did instead: "Phil...your make up, I think you accidentally removed it." Malaysia said pointing at her eyes.
"Uh? Oh, really? Mmm...I'll fix it later...why are you her anyways?" Philippines replied turning to me.
"Um...I need to ask you a favor..." I responded.
"What kind of favor?" She asked.
"You're close friends with America, right?" I questioned.
"Yeah...?" She answered.
"I need your help to connect with him." I said
"And why is that?" She asked in a more awaken tone.
"Um..." I looked around and saw that Indonesia and Malaysia were still looking at me and since I didn't really want to be heard by them too I got closer to Philippines only and whispered to her ear: "Remember that letter I wrote, I need help with the person I wrote it for, but America won't make it easy."
I backed off and looked at her expression, she was probably thinking. After a while she moved her look to her two friends and said: "Mal, Indo, can you please let us alone? It's a personal issue, don't worry, it's nothing bad about any of you."
"Alright...you sure it isn't?" Malaysia replied.
"Yes, don't worry I said." Philippines responded.

Indonesia and Malaysia left the classroom, it was only me and Philippines.
The windows were semi-closed, only a few sunbeams could enter the dark room, and many of them perfectly hit the desk Philippines was on, more particularly her face, making her light yellow eye look like a glowy pearl. That's why her nickname is 'The pearl of the Orient seas'?
"Come on, sit, explain me what's going on." Philippines said after a while.
I quickly took a chair and sat down in front of her, then replied: "You know I wrote this letter for a person?"
"Yes, Canada." She instantly responded.
"Ha- what- who?" I asked.
"Canada! Come on Rus, I saw you that one time you insert the love letter in her locker." She explained.
I stayed silent for a few seconds, remembering that she actually did. The silence afterwards got interrupted by Philippines snapping her fingers close to my face.
"So? What happened? Did she reject you or something?" She then asked.
"Wha- no! You misunderstood everything! Oh dear Milky Way..." I exclaimed.
"Chill...fine, take your time and explain me everything." She said.
I sighted and looked away for a couple of seconds.
"Uhh...take your time, but possibly before the end of the break." She pointed out.
"Oh, yeah...um...before, when I told you about helping me with America was because he won't let me have contact with Canada." I explained.
"Yeah, I know that, he told me how he hated you, plus I heard about the fight, and let me guess, it was for Canada?" She asked.
"Kinda...you see, that one time you saw me inserting that letter was because I had no other way of talking with her just because America doesn't want me to, or else this fight would've happened earlier, so it wasn't a love letter for the love of the Milky Way..." I added.
"I kinda remember what was written in it, plus it was Valentine's day when you wrote it, so...I kinda doubt that it wasn't a love letter...but whatever you say." She murmured.
"Yeah...it wasn't! Anyways, recently Canada chosen me as her partner for the project 'Cultivators of Justice' and let's say...America found out about it and got pretty mad, that's pretty much the reason of how the fight started." I replied.
"Well...that doesn't sound a cool situation, pretty problematic too." She announced.
"Oh? You don't say? Well no shit Sherlock." I ironically responded.
Philippines rolled her eyes and went to a thinking mood again. Raised her look back she said: "And what am I supposed to do?".
"China told me that you were the best person to ask for help." I answered.
"Oh...? China....?" She slowly replied.
"Yeah....listen, I know that you two aren't in great terms after the break up but remember that China is actually wise, knows what he does and says, if they told me that you were the best person in this kind of situation, even after what happened last summer, there is a reason. So, please?" I begged her.
She looked away and got pretty worried, took a deep breath and responded: "Fine, I'll do it for you, Canada and America, I'll try to talk with Ame and convince him but I can't promise anything."
"Thank you!" I exclaimed.
"But if it ends successfully you'll have to give me at least 1/4 of your birthday cake as reward." She added.
"What!?" I shouted.
"Listen, you never let me try your cakes when it's your birthday!" She explained.
"Because we have our birthdays the same day and so you have your own cake to eat!" I explained.
"Take it or leave it! You're lucky I didn't ask for half of it!" She laughed.
"Fine, but only if you succeed." I accepted.